Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Normally, women's bodies have curves, not straight up & down.

Women's bodies come in all shapes. Not every woman is "curvy".

I'm not sure if you are using curvy as the current euphemism for large or if you mean it the traditional way of waists that are small and hips that are full and rounded. Whatever the meaning, not all women are shaped that way.

...and they are perfectly normal.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear anything "tight" per se but my pants are usually fitted.  A well tailored pair of pants makes a tremendous difference (for me). 

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I'm not sure if you are using curvy as the current euphemism for large or if you mean it the traditional way of waists that are small and hips that are full and rounded. Whatever the meaning, not all women are shaped that way.

@Ms tyrion2, @151949, I don't see how "normal" fits into any description of women's bodies.

For example, I inherited my mother's build. I'm small-framed, have relatively long legs, and do not have the as big a difference between my hips and waist as many do.

In essence, I am more straight up and down than curvy. Skinny jeans were made with me in mind. :-) They flatter what shape I have.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skin tight jeans?

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66, I don't do a lot of clothes shopping on QVC, but I seem to have QVC on alot lately, I guess for background noise.

The last few days, I've attempted to pay a little more attention to what they are wearing, and I haven't noticed clothes being too tight. Right now, Bob Mackie is on, and the models I've seen so far look like the clothes fit perfectly. Yesterday, I saw a little bit of Quacker Factory, and I thought same thing, they looked great to me. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Who gets to decide what’s normal and appropriate?

It seems it would be an individual decision.

I may not wear what someone else would choose, does that make me abnormal and inappropriate?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Who gets to decide what’s normal and appropriate?

It seems it would be an individual decision.

I may not wear what someone else would choose, does that make me abnormal and inappropriate?

Good point.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2, @151949, I don't see how "normal" fits into any description of women's bodies.

For example, I inherited my mother's build. I'm small-framed, have relatively long legs, and do not have the as big a difference between my hips and waist as many do.

In essence, I am more straight up and down than curvy. Skinny jeans were made with me in mind. :-) They flatter what shape I have.

@suzyQ3,

We have quite similar body shapes. I have a short torso, long thin legs and not much hip or butt. My waist is not defined much at all.  I too am small boned, but I do have fairly wide shoulders.

So, we are not alone in our "normalcy"  😃

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@CouponQueen  Why is it that you feel anything that isn't sausage skin tight is baggy? There is a large area between those two extremes - it's where clothes that fit appropriately fall.Those are what I wear.

I think for older ladies the tighter jeans don't look appealing.  I know that jeans worn by kids a little older than me were what I'd call baggy.  I do remember having to lay down on the bed to zip up my jeans as another poster mentioned!

I don't mind tight jeans at all.  Whatever makes someone happy.  I don't see any reason to criticize another poster for it or try to shame them either or to imply that their choice is inappropriate.  Why go there?   

Your answer did not at all relate to what I said here.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

I realize it's just my opinion, but I'm definitely not alone when I say many of those pants are way too tight.

There have been a lot of other people here who've commented that these pants are way too tight.

It's going to be interesting now because I've noticed the tops are FINALLY going back to shorter tops.  Not real short, but shorter......my point?

Well, the longer tops have covered up some ummm stuff but the shorter one's don't do that.  Something's going to have to be adjusted somewhere.....just saying.

As far as getting to pick who wears what.  I've said on just about every post it is my opinion.  I thought that  was what this forum was about....people voicing their opinions about some things.

My opinion is that many of the jeans and pants are are supposed to not fit skin tight are too tight.  They make some of the models look much bigger than I suspect they are.

Looking like a stuffed sausage (my opinion...again...my opinion) is not attractive....my opinion.