Honored Contributor

No.  I never have and never will wear skin tight clothing.  

I'm afraid if I explain why, I might insult a lot of people. 

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
I prefer snugger fitting pants because baggy ones make me look sloppy and larger. But they all have stretch. I'm a 3x. All my tops are tunic length, many hitting the tops of my thighs. I wear leggings, but again, only with longer tunics and short dresses. And I don't do white or tan bottoms.

@Cumbercookie13. I appreciate your input, since the posters who have stated their size, all seem to be on the smaller side.  

I agree with you, that ladies who are a bit larger can also look nice in fitted clothing, especially pants.  You just have to pair them with the right tops. It's all about the allover look.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think the point that the OP is trying to make is - MOST woman who have normal woman's bodies - look gosh awful in clothing that is  s t r e t c h e d  in order to get it on but then immediately springs back to original size so it is as tight as sausage skin. Fat is emphasized, cellulite is emphasized and just , in general, they are unattractive on anyone who does not have a perfect body.

Yes, they look OK on women who are petite and wear a very small size. You are not , however, the majority of American women.

And let's not even get into plus size women in these skin tight clothes.Holy cow, what are they thinking. Unfortunately, too many women will dress to follow the trends instead of dressing appropriate to their figure.

As for them being so comfortable - the same fabric and elastic waist pants made to actually fit would be more comfortable. For instance the denim & co 2 pocket pants they have sold millions of pairs of, are very comfortable, and not nearly so tight.

Honored Contributor

If you buy your correct size you ,won't look like a sausage. I think the problem is, that some people size down, so they can brag about wearing 2 sizes smaller, than they really should wear

I think many people  are wearing their clothing a bit on the  too tight side

I saw Diane Gilman wear something that looked awful, it was so full of wrinkles ,I don't know how she ever squeezed into it..

I think she did it ,to show how the fabrics stretches. Buy your correct size, and you won't have bagging knees or bum

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think the point that the OP is trying to make is - MOST woman who have normal woman's bodies - look gosh awful in clothing that is  s t r e t c h e d  in order to get it on but then immediately springs back to original size so it is as tight as sausage skin. Fat is emphasized, cellulite is emphasized and just , in general, they are unattractive on anyone who does not have a perfect body.

Yes, they look OK on women who are petite and wear a very small size. You are not , however, the majority of American women.

And let's not even get into plus size women in these skin tight clothes.Holy cow, what are they thinking. Unfortunately, too many women will dress to follow the trends instead of dressing appropriate to their figure.

As for them being so comfortable - the same fabric and elastic waist pants made to actually fit would be more comfortable. For instance the denim & co 2 pocket pants they have sold millions of pairs of, are very comfortable, and not nearly so tight.

What is a "normal woman's body"?  I see this term here a lot...

I think my body is very normal...for me!

Super Contributor

I intensely dislike the currrent fashion rage of skin tight jeans no matter your size or shape or build. Of course, some figures look terrific in tight jeans, leggings, etc. I am ok with the current push that all women should be proud of their bodies and wear whatever they like.  But for me, it just doesn't work. I have had larger calves all my life. I am currently a little overweight and much of that weight goes to my thighs so, for me personally, I prefer not to display in skin tight clothing. It's getting harder to find good 'ol cotton jeans with regular legs.

Respected Contributor

I dont wear leggings or jeggings because I dont wnt to look like a sausauge casing. However I do like my close fitted. 

Once I get home and out of my fitted clothes I put on my comfy pjs that are loose fittings and comfy. But going out in public, I want to look really form fitting.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@151949 wrote:

What is a "normal woman's body"?  I see this term here a lot...

I think my body is very normal...for me!

I was wondering the same thing.

What is a normal sized woman?

I suspect I know what OP  thinks. Her "normal" is most definitely not mine.

Honored Contributor

(Raising my hand) I do, I do! I only wear skin tight jeans! I love the loook, I love the feel. My dh loves the look on me. Heart I'm tall so I can pull it off. I only wear skin tight pull on jeans. Preferably Jag Jeans and Liverpool Jeans. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Personally, I think loose baggy pants are not a good look on anyone but that is my opinion only.  I love snug tight fitting jeans and always have.  I feel and think I look sloppy in jeans that are not snug and tight and for me loose fitting is not comfy.  What one persone sees as a horrible look on anyone, many others think the look is great.  It's all subjective.  Wear what you like and like what you wear and leave everyone else do the same!!!