Honored Contributor

My pants are a bit snug, but they all have stretch in them. I just look better in  clothes that are a bit close to the  body.

I did see a lady today wearing a dress ,and her figure was down right gaunt. I thought how nice the dress looked on her. It gave her figure some softness. I thought it was a very good look for her

Honored Contributor

I don't call my pants preference "skin tight", but I prefer a snug fit.   I've gotten rid of all older pants that have what I call "bagginess". 

I keep seeing those very loose, wide pants being offered.....not for me!  To each, her own. 

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of skin tight clothing, or clothing that looks skin tight even though it might stretch and be comfortable.

Very few women look great in them, even if they are thin.

And what is worse by a mile is males wearing skinny pants.   My DH purchased a new suit and there was a young man there getting fitted.  He wanted pants to be tight down the legs and very narrow at the ankle.  The tailor was trying to talk him out of it. It was almost impossible for the guy to get his feet through the bottom of the trousers. He had very skinny legs and big feet.

The young man wouldn't change his mind.  He looked stupid in those pants with a suit jacket over them....much like an elf.

I guess whatever floats your boat is in fashion today.  

Valued Contributor

Yep, I like them tight, also.  They look better than baggy pants on me.  Now, I also know how to cover the junk in the trunk so that you don’t see the scary parts!  You will never see the top part of MY leggings!!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

My wardrobe consists of tons of different style jeans. The key is wearing the correct top pieces (and sometimes shoes for me). I love having so many options. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Help me out here!  I'm watching Kim Gravel and the models are wearing jeans so tight....well...really, really tight.

Now I'm trying to figure out the difference here between tights, leggings, and whatever else things that cover a person's legs are called.

It just seems to me that everything sold on QVC these days (shirts, pants, tops) are so tight I don't know how a REAL person could eat or breathe while wearing them!

I think I should have put a question mark after the 'm' in them because I'm asking a question.

There just doesn't seem to be any difference in what the Q is selling these days.

The models come out in (let's call them leg coverings) so tight it's downright crazy!

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't find it attractive at all.  I'm a chub (I wear a size XL or mostly a 1X).

When I put on the QVC leg coverings and it looks like what QVC tells me it SHOULD look like, all I see is fat...Oh!  Whoops!  Maybe that's a no no word these days.  Look!  I know I'm not skinny.  But I do know if I went out of the house wearing leg coverings that look like the Q tells me I should look like.....well...wait!  I'm assuming I could even get down the steps to my garage wearing pants that tight!

Does anyone know the difference here?  Can anyone explain to me how a size 1X like I wear that's skin tight is attractive?

Do you guys wear your pants that tight?  I'm curious.  I see a few people wearing them like that, but I just figured they outgrew them and didn't want to buy new ones.

I am a 2 and don't wear my jeans that tight,  it's Q ville

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am not a fan of skin tight clothing, or clothing that looks skin tight even though it might stretch and be comfortable.

Very few women look great in them, even if they are thin.

And what is worse by a mile is males wearing skinny pants.   My DH purchased a new suit and there was a young man there getting fitted.  He wanted pants to be tight down the legs and very narrow at the ankle.  The tailor was trying to talk him out of it. It was almost impossible for the guy to get his feet through the bottom of the trousers. He had very skinny legs and big feet.

The young man wouldn't change his mind.  He looked stupid in those pants with a suit jacket over them....much like an elf.

I guess whatever floats your boat is in fashion today.  

Now that would drive me bananas if I had to struggle to get my feet into skin tight pants

Honored Contributor

Gosh.

Women have been wearing skin-tight jeans since Time began.

I can remember....

College

Laying down on the bed to zip up a freshly-laundered 

Calvin Klein Jeans...then sitting in class for hours.

Gals have it easy these day w/ the spandex added to denim.

Hey....if you got a nice tush & legs, why not?

Honored Contributor

I am probably the only one that notices this. Pants with loose legs ,sort of flap around the ankles, when you walk...I just don't like that look

Respected Contributor
I prefer snugger fitting pants because baggy ones make me look sloppy and larger. But they all have stretch. I'm a 3x. All my tops are tunic length, many hitting the tops of my thighs. I wear leggings, but again, only with longer tunics and short dresses. And I don't do white or tan bottoms.