Honored Contributor

Re: Skimmer Pants = Fashion Crime!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I am happy that we have options in what length and style of pants and shorts we can wear. If the TSV  was super short people would complain about that. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least they are offering them in petite, average & talls...I guess, aren't they?

I gave them a peek, but then thought, I'd never wear them, since I'm partial to denim.

(Actually, right below knee is a good length for petite.)

Honored Contributor

For me the sizing is way off according ot the chart, the L hip is 44, XL is 48, way too much of a variance there, I need something in between. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like Capri pants because I hate when wearing shorts if you sit down at a restaurant they ride all the way up exposing most of the leg and I'm constantly having to pull them down.  I like to remain a bit covered.

Trusted Contributor

Who are you, OP?  Tim Gunn?

Honored Contributor

I love crops, I like when I sit down most of my leg is still covered. 

Regular Contributor

I had no idea I looked that bad in these. I will just have to continue committing fashion crimes as I like them.

Esteemed Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

Who are you, OP?  Tim Gunn?

Ha ha.  I have Tim Gunn pinstriped bedsheets that are fab.

He doesn't get to tell me what pant length to wear, though!

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

So ridiculous to make a broad generalization about how women look in specific lengths of pants.  Obviously, different women look different in different lengths according to their height, body type, how they put together an outfit, and how they carry themselves.

I love crops and capris, but dislike the way I look in pedal pushers (which these are, right below the knee) because they cut my legs exactly in half.  But I think the fact that these are not denim and have that front seam makes them more problematic to me.  They're actually little more than pedal pusher sweats.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.