Super Contributor

Re: Skimmer Pants = Fashion Crime!

I didn't expect this post to cause such a stir, but it's clear people have a lot of opinions about "skimmer" pants.  To each their own of course and those of you that love this more matronly look, then that's great and I hope you wear them well and enjoy your summer!

I have a hard time believe that QVC can actually call the pants fashionable though.  Let's be real, Shawn or Katrina Szish would never ever wear those types of pants in their real lives, especially Katrina who used to work at Vogue!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even the ugly (minded) deserve forgiveness

(A backhanded apology gets a backhanded acceptance)

Trusted Contributor

If the OP thinks that the calf is the most unattractive part of the leg, then that person has obviously never seen my knees! 😳😂 I'm up for anything that disquises that unfortunate part of my legs.

I'm just happy to be living in a time where is a multitude of fashion choices and there is no longer one fashion rule that every woman has to live with. One person's fashion crime is another person's comfort zone. Different strokes for different folks. 😊

Valued Contributor

Your snide "matronly" comment is your opinion, not fact.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@minimalistWF wrote:

The TSV skimmer pants are a horrible fashion crime!!  The style makes everyone look way older than they are and hits you in the absolute worst part of your leg - right at the calf!!  I can't believe how terrible it looks and how many they are selling!!

@minimalistWF Well, you just feel that way because you have not seen me in them I guess!  I am old, and not ashamed of my age either and do not try to fool people (which usually just makes you look silly anyway).

I have great legs--always have, calf included.  I look fabulous in skimmers, capris AND crops!  Just ask any of my friends.  And they look fabulous too.  Why we look so wonderful we may just wear them all winter!  

Honored Contributor

Out shopping yesterday. You are correct!  These skimmers look awful on many.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I knew I wasn't the only one that thought this!  

Super Contributor

@ajsidney12  Of course it is my opinion, and an opinion shared by many people who wouldn't wear something like that.