Super Contributor

Re: Skimmer Pants = Fashion Crime!

dumpy comes to mind

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't like the "skimmer pants" don't wear them but stop making judgements about what others choose to wear and your opinion about how "everyone" looks in them.  We wear what we want and it's no business of anyone else.  

Honored Contributor

Visually, I see little difference between a skimmer, Capri or Bermudas.  I think the crops are the most unflattering as they make the leg look stubby.  I'll try any length but I won't wear cropped pants. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

The TSV isn't for me with my short big legs and kankles, but I know people that they would look great on.  It's all a personal decision not a fashion crime.  On me it would be a crime, but on my former model friend with mile long legs it would be fab.   

Esteemed Contributor

A great cowboy hat makes up for anything (Bullhide is my brand).  And decent silver jewelry.  Great shades, nice purse or wallet - who cares where the pants fall?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF   So find me and arrest me.  I will be committing your fashion crime many times in the next 6 months.

I just bought 2 pairs of brand new pedal pushers from my local thrift, total cost $10.27. Perfect colors for me, no front seam, but you objected only to the length which is better for me than shorter and more comfortable than long  with days here already right around 90 by 10 am.  You can send out the police any time.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

To each their own.

For me, I can't do long shorts, peddle pushers or skimmers. They don't look nice on me and I feel frumpy.  I think it has to do with where it hits my leg and the visual proportions.

But capris, crops, ankle pants and short shorts are fine on me and what I prefer. 

I do think choice of shoe also has an impact on the proportion.  Flats with crop pants, epecially with a wide leg, is not going to work for me.  But a pretty heel might be nice.

Trusted Contributor

I loved them.  I don't wear shorts.  I thought about ordering them but I don;t need them so I passed.  I have plenty of pants that length and they are perfect for me.  

If you don't like them, don't order them but for a lot of us they are a great choice.

Honored Contributor

Everybody-- and every body-- is different. For me, they're most flattering when it ends just below the knee and is form-fitted. If they're any longer than that, l just cuff them up.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I like the length of the skimmers.  I do not like ( hate) the seam down the front and those big pockets at the hips. They are a big pass for me.