Super Contributor

Skimmer Pants = Fashion Crime!

The TSV skimmer pants are a horrible fashion crime!!  The style makes everyone look way older than they are and hits you in the absolute worst part of your leg - right at the calf!!  I can't believe how terrible it looks and how many they are selling!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skimmer Pants = Fashion Crime!

I used to think that about anything in the "capri" or "pedal pusher" length, @minimalistWF , but I wear them often now.

They're just comfortable and I don't mind what others may think.  I have a stack of colors, all D&Co.  Sometimes duplicates in colors like black and navy!

I like the colors being offered, but I dislike the seams down the front on these.  They fit a little closer than I like and the fabric looks thin.  Be interesting to read reviews when they come in.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

It seems that every year there are threads about Capris and how awful they look.  Those who feel that way only like long pants, dresses or shorts.  Well long pants are too hot for me and I don't wear dresses or like wearing shorts.  So I'll wear capris, crop pants and pedal pushers.

I don't care for the colors (I have plenty of black & navy) or the seam down the front so these are a pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It does cut the leg in an awkward spot; I wish they were longer.  Katrina styled them nicely in the video.  I am on the fence on these.  They are growing on me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Harsh judgement...  I disagree. The crop length, which cuts the leg at mid calf, cuts the leg line completely,  is much less flattering IMO.  I lthink a cut close to the knee, and shows the calf, is much better- 

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Harsh judgement...  I disagree. The crop length, which cuts the leg at mid calf, cuts the leg line completely,  is much less flattering IMO.  I lthink a cut close to the knee, and shows the calf, is much better- 

@Skyegirl21 I agree.  This is the most flattering length on me.

Honored Contributor

You are entitled to your opinion no matter had crudely you put it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

I wish they didn't have the seam down the front. A big turn off for me and I won't buy.

Honored Contributor

When a pant covers the thickest part of my lower calf, that's the best look for me...cropped length. Capri pants tend to make my legs look shorter and wider in the wrong places.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I love Capri pants and Bermuda shorts, but the TSV offer today is not attractive.  I agree that this cut makes everyone age themselves, they look like papersacks.