Occasional Contributor

I'm so used to a 6P in Isaac's pants that I don't know if I dare order a 6P in Levi's, or should I size up? I know the Q's sizes usually run big. Any suggestions? I have a 36-37 hip. TY Ladies.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sizing on non-QVC brands

I've worked in Apparel so I need some further clarification in order to help.

Are you looking to buy Levis in Missy or Juniors? The latter runs smaller. Either way, Q's sizing runs large. I'm normally a size 5/6 but I'm an XXS on QVC, which would be a size 0/2 in other brands. 

I suggest you compare the measurements of Isaac's 6P to the size chart of the pants you are interested in to get a better idea. 

For example, I have a 39-40" hip and I wear a size 5 in Levis' Junior. However, Junior's has a different sizing than Missy so most likely I would be a 6/8. Hope that helps. Just compare both size charts. 

~Live with Intention~
Occasional Contributor

I was thinking missy 6p, but maybe I should try a 5 too. Thanks for the info.

Respected Contributor

I agree with NYC Vixen that comparing actual measurements is key.  But I would offer that you might also want to check the fabric content.  Isaac's pants have quite a bit of spandex which gives that killer fit but may make B&M sizes feel less forgiving.  I think Isaac's numerical sizes are closer to store sizes than QVC's signature house brands like D&C. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl wrote:

I agree with NYC Vixen that comparing actual measurements is key.  But I would offer that you might also want to check the fabric content.  Isaac's pants have quite a bit of spandex which gives that killer fit but may make B&M sizes feel less forgiving.  I think Isaac's numerical sizes are closer to store sizes than QVC's signature house brands like D&C. 

@islandgrrl Makes an important point.

For example, Gap also like the Q has vanity sizing. If a skirt or pant has stretch I need a size 4 and if it does not I need a 6. Only in Gap and QVC do I need an XXS. That means a real size 0/2 cannot fit into an XXS. 

@samzmom So the million dollar question is whether QVC's sizing runs larger or smaller than Missy sizing. I would think that it might run larger. Please report back and kindly let us know. In that case, a Missy 6P might fit you as you surmise.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@islandgrrl Makes an important point.

For example, Gap also like the Q has vanity sizing. If a skirt or pant has stretch I need a size 4 and if it does not I need a 6. Only in Gap and QVC do I need an XXS. That means a real size 0/2 cannot fit into an XXS. 

@samzmom So the million dollar question is whether QVC's sizing runs larger or smaller than Missy sizing. I would think that it might run larger. Please report back and kindly let us know. In that case, a Missy 6P might fit you as you surmise.

I too run between 4 and 6 depending on different factors, i.e. fabrication, cut, etc..

Call me crazy but I seem to be finding that pant sizes, on the shopping channels, seem to run truer to real sizes (B & M) than the tops...I think checking the actual measurements of the garment is your best bet. Checking the size doesn't mean much when this solid 4 fits into many '0-2' offered (with room to spare). I feel for the true 0s!