Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,471
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?


@millieshops wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 -  I know we all have different budgets but we all budget. I just care more about that $150 bra than I do about new jewelry or handbags or even new cars.  Pretty sad when you think I'm the only one who sees it!!!

 

But if I couldn't occasionally buy my favorite bra, I'd  buy the one from Dillards I buy in everyday quantities.  It's closer in price to Breezies, but works so much better for me.   I can't wear everything from Dillards; in fact, only one works for me just as with that expensive brand and it's better for me than anything I've tried elsewhere at more than twice the price.

 

I found both the bras I favor only by going and trying on myriad choices and I still prefer to buy in person where a good fitter can make suggestions.


@millieshops

 

I do appreciate and understand what you're saying but I can't spend that kind of money on any piece of clothing, bag, etc.  I am in a budget and just can't do it. I do want to find comfortable bras but I have to spend a lot less.  So, I will keep searching and hopefully I will come up with something that I can live with.  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,471
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?


@Trix wrote:

Angelpuppy1, good luck with the bra shopping.  Please report back to us if you find something wonderful. If it becomes too frustrating as long as you're in the lingerie department, treat yourself to a pretty nightgown or decadent piece of lingerie to sooth your mood. Woman Wink  


@Trix

 

Thanks, I just might do that!  I think this type of shopping is not all that much fun!  I need a day when I am not rushed and can take a good amount of time.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,789
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?

@AngelPuppy1@AKgirl2

Boy! How true!

For years and years (teens to 30's) I wore same, same, same. Suddenly, it just didn't work any more! 

 

The next decade has been full of change, change, change!

 

From what I could determine, however, women of a certain age are putting up a huge fuss for the manufacturers to meet the demands of the more mature body and in relative comfort. (i.e.: front closures for hands that have difficulty with the hook and eye closures.)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,707
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?


@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1@AKgirl2

Boy! How true!

For years and years (teens to 30's) I wore same, same, same. Suddenly, it just didn't work any more! 

 

The next decade has been full of change, change, change!

 

From what I could determine, however, women of a certain age are putting up a huge fuss for the manufacturers to meet the demands of the more mature body and in relative comfort. (i.e.: front closures for hands that have difficulty with the hook and eye closures.)


Also people who have rotator cuff tears also find it easier to use front closing bras too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,032
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?

You may have to go to a bra fitter. You will not regret it.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,463
Registered: ‎12-26-2011

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?

Don't feel bad!!!   I have been wearing the wrong size bra for years and didn't even know it.  I needed some new bras so I went to a "bra store" and they measured me.  I was shocked but now that I'm wearing the right size, its made a huge different in how my clothes fit and look.  So happy I finnaly took the time to get measured and get appropriate fitting bras.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,471
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?

I haven't had the time yet to really do a long shopping trip for bras.  I have casually browsed and made a couple inquiries.  I was in Kohls the other day and this place has the best selection of any store around me.  I asked the lady who happened to be working in this department if they ever had fittings and she said, not really, as this usually happened with the larger stores but she seemed fairly knowledgable and said "I could fit you."  I wasn't sure what they meant exactly???  I told her I didn't have time because I was on my lunch hour but would keep it in mind.  Don't know what training people do to be considering qualifed as bra fitters???  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 40,351
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?


@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I haven't had the time yet to really do a long shopping trip for bras.  I have casually browsed and made a couple inquiries.  I was in Kohls the other day and this place has the best selection of any store around me.  I asked the lady who happened to be working in this department if they ever had fittings and she said, not really, as this usually happened with the larger stores but she seemed fairly knowledgable and said "I could fit you."  I wasn't sure what they meant exactly???  I told her I didn't have time because I was on my lunch hour but would keep it in mind.  Don't know what training people do to be considering qualifed as bra fitters???  


@AngelPuppy1

 

Good question!    I do recall seeing a plaque in a lingerie dept saying one of their people is a "Certified Bra Fitter"  but didn't notice where they were certified.   Maybe a bra manufacturer?    

 

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the State of California Licensing Division!   lol

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,471
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I haven't had the time yet to really do a long shopping trip for bras.  I have casually browsed and made a couple inquiries.  I was in Kohls the other day and this place has the best selection of any store around me.  I asked the lady who happened to be working in this department if they ever had fittings and she said, not really, as this usually happened with the larger stores but she seemed fairly knowledgable and said "I could fit you."  I wasn't sure what they meant exactly???  I told her I didn't have time because I was on my lunch hour but would keep it in mind.  Don't know what training people do to be considering qualifed as bra fitters???  


@AngelPuppy1

 

Good question!    I do recall seeing a plaque in a lingerie dept saying one of their people is a "Certified Bra Fitter"  but didn't notice where they were certified.   Maybe a bra manufacturer?    

 

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the State of California Licensing Division!   lol


@Tinkrbl44

 

YA!!!  LOL!  Fer sure!  I didn't want to insult her and say --- well, where did you get your credentials???  Because she was really nice and trying to be so helpful.  But I just thought, if you just happen to be in this department and this is all it is --- I would feel a bit odd having her "fit" me. ???  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,447
Registered: ‎01-22-2016

Re: Sizing of Bras --- How do you get a good fit?

Here's my two cents. After trying several brands! Including Breezies. Walcole HG!!! Now if you're unable to get measured, Walcole specialist will walk you through the process over the phone. 36 G only purchase Walcole. Own several styles. Hand wash every single one in cool water. Don't use woolite!!!!!! For me bra is the foundation for my well being mentally and physically.