Trusted Contributor

Re: Sizing for several clothing lines

Well it is true. 

So you can call me a liar, but I can't call you a know it all, negative B.

Frequent Contributor

How do you read the Garment Spef. Chart? Some of them are self explanatory. Can you just explain the basics? 

Honored Contributor

@taginsc2016  I keep a list of the different lines I order & what size I ordered & fit so I know what size to order again. Another hint to watch for is "fitted" (go up a size), "semi fitted" (if larger busted or broad shoulders), size up and "relaxed fit" (stay w/ reg. size. Also fabric: all cotton that may shrink in wash, I size up. Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

It's always a crapshoot when you are ordering online. Even written garment measurements don't always help. I recently returned a lace top to a shopping channel in Canada that should have fit but it was huge and the size makes me think that the wrong size label was sewn into the garment's neckline. Whether that was deliberate or not, I don't know but I won't be reordering that top in a smaller size if the item was mis-sized.

In bricks and mortar stores I will try on clothing if it looks like it will fit -- despite what the label size says. That's not possible online.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

Yes, I find different lines and some in the same lines are all over the place. 

My closet has qvc clothes from small to XL, and they all fit. My weight has not changed more than 3 lbs. Up or down in 20 years.

I remember when all qvc sizing was the same, it was a mantra for them, once you find your size they will all fit.

Very very funny...lol  Small to X large...lol  You went a bit overboard there but you did give us a good laugh.

@Nomorebirthdays

@chrystaltree

I'm not laughing.  I believe Nomore...I have sz sm to xl in my closet, too...not from the Q, though.  The few clothing items I have from the Q are sm, med, and lrg.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@taginsc2016, If you are not comfortable trying to dtermine the proper size on your own, I suggest that you take the extra time and order clothing via a live order entry representative.  Fortunately, QVC still has order entry reps who will patiently try to help you figure out the correct size.  You will still need to know your body measurements for them to determine which garment size may worrk best with your body.