Frequent Contributor

I was hoping some of you ladies that wear D&C could help me. I was wanting to try a pr of D&C pants for my daughter. But, when I measured her her hips were a 40.5(which is a medium) but her waist was a L? So, which one do I go with? They are the pull on leggings. I've really been wanting to try D&C for a long time now but I'm afraid they won't fit me so I thought my daughter is the next best thing. Thanks ladies.....

Respected Contributor

D&C is sized on the larger size so I would go with the medium.

What is the item number, maybe someone who bought the same can give you more information since they might own them already.

Respected Contributor

I also find Denim & Co to be on the larger side but you need that comfort in the waist for even their elastic waistband will not be that forgiving if you buy the med but really needed the large.  In fact, it will give your daughter a muffin top and no one likes that.  If it is too big in the hips or thighs there will probably be some shrinkage and if not enough she could always get it taken in.  I have purchased a pair of Denim & Co pants that I should have sized up on and it gave me a muffin top which was not a good look under my top. The next pair I bought was the right size and I liked the fit much better including in the hips and thighs.   

Super Contributor

If I am in doubt of a size I always measure a pair of slacks that I own and compare. 

Honored Contributor
Go with the largest measurement.
Honored Contributor

I would describe D&C sizing as generous.   Plus you have the positive ease.   So it will depend how she wants to wear them.    

Honored Contributor

I order by hip size.  I'd order the medium.  You may find you have to return to find the perfect fit, but once you figure it out you are set.  It's rare I return for sizing since I figured out my ideal size.  Some things the measurements don't work, so I pass that item.  D&C has a high and low measurement within a size.  For example 40 - 44 inches.  Say my ideal measurement is 42, I won't order if the garment is 40.  You have to look at each garment measurement. You can't just order a medium because that's what you ordered last time.  Hope that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

Good for you for taking her measurements and using the size chart!  So many still refuse to do that and then complain about sizing.  Go with the large to get a good fit in the hips, that's more important than the waist.  If the waist is too big, it will be an easy fix to put a tuck in the waistband yourself or have the seamstress at the dry cleaners do it.  I'm no seamstress but I do it myself.  If she wears belts, that might take care of the waist issue.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks ladies. All the info is much appriciated. I would order sooo much stuff from QVC if I knew the sizing for us. I love D&C but I'm 4'11 & 110lbs. So, I'm guessing nothing is going to fit me, so I thought my daughter would be perfect.seeing how her & I are QVC addicts) We love Fashion Monday. We love all the fashion stuff.

Valued Contributor

If you have a straight up and down body where you need a waist size a few inches smaller than your hip size, you are not going to find it.  Just a couple of times and that does mean two that I can think of, d&co did sell some great pants with those measurements and by the time I got them in CA (7 days later) all the east coast and middle of the country gals found out how fab they were, ordered more and they were completely gone for me.  Please check the "click here" measurements found at the bottom of the description of the garment.