Honored Contributor

Re: Sizing & Sizing Charts….. such a big problem

@151949 wrote:

I find it incredible that so many women do not know what size clothing they wear. Just incredible.

What brand is consistent in sizing? Zara I wear a large, Banana Republic a medium 8-10 and Qvc a small. Do you wear one manufacturer of clothing ...even then it still can vary.

Contributor

I  completley agree about the sizing issue with QVC. I have wanted to order several clothing items for several days. When you look at the sizing chart for the specific item, which is crazy to begin with, nothing makes sense. What is the relationship between a chest (bust) circumference folded 1 inche below armhole and reality of measuring yourself with your bra on? Yesterday, I did an onlin chat about item number 

I  currently wear sizes 18, 1X, and a few size 16's. My measurements are 43 1/2 " bust, 39 1/2" waist, and 46 1/4" hips. My bra size is 36 G. The person I chatted with told me my correct size for this cute little jacket would SIZE MEDIUM! If I wear a medium in this jacket, it would be the ONLY medium I can wear now in my very large wardrobe, which includes a lot of high end, expensive items. So, I don't want to order and have to pay to return it. I wanted to order something for the top of Denim & Co. yesterday too and am stuck. All that unusuable, complicated writing below the description of the item is ABSULUTLEY USELESS! Other companies I order from, if they have specific sizingi info for the item acgtually have something that makes sense AND is accurate. I am so disgusted. I suppose since they make a lot of money, they don't need to care. Denim & Co. just had a show from 5 am-6 am (Oct.30)., EST and I'm up early but can't order with this stupid sizing problerm. 
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know what size clothing I wear. At my current weight, it can be size 10-16 depending on the brand. Frequent shoppers know this. Also, generally speaking, higher end companies' clothing has a more generous amount of fabric which sometimes puts you in a smaller size than standard sizing. This is true with some garments I've bought at J Petermann or Peruvian Connection and a few of the brands on QVC, but the specific sizing for many items is a huge problem and need not be for QVC. And, another question, what do they hosts mean when they say "your regular QVC size?" 

I don't understand a couple of things. #1 Why are there sometimes as many 18 different measurements on the "specific" measurements for an item and you read each one carefully and end up not having a clue what size to order? Who needs to know any of that stuff and who understands it?  #2. Can someone also please tell me why the hosts often ask the models their height and then ask what size they are wearing?  That has NOTHING to do with the size one wears. If you are 5'2" and have an ample bust, waist, or hips, surely we are not to believe that another woman 5'2" with a small bust or waist would fit into the same size. It is not a serious comment and it seems to me an avoidance of the real information the perspective customer needs. 

I order online all the time (really, it's a problem Smiley Happy, and when the bust, waist, and hip measurements for each size is given, I successfully nail my correct size all the time. That's at Macy's, JCPenney's, LLBean, Eddie Bauer, JPetermann, Peruvian Connection, Garnet Hilll, and on and on...Amazon, oh and Etsy. I have bought several garments from a desiner in Sofia, Bulgaria, and other countries overseas. They simply write each size=bust, waist, and hip size. If you follow that, you get your garment delivered by DHL fast and have the right size, coming from countries who are working with centimeters not inches!