Valued Contributor

Sizing WK Vneck 3/4" Sleeves .... Help from Those who have it :)

Hi, all: I bought the yellow one size up from my usual small to a medium because it looked like it ran small. The medium was VERY close to the body and I wouldn't wear it even under a vest or jacket. So, I returned and bought the yellow and navy in the large. They are huge on me. Did I get a small the first time but mis marked? I really don't like the exchange game, yet again, so I wondered if you have this what you thought. Many thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Sizing WK Vneck 3/4"" Sleeves .... Help from Those who have it :)

If I find that the item in question is not fitting the way its stated, I take my measuring tape and compare measurements to the garment click here ones. If they are wrong then I send it back and have the Q send it back on their dime.

I am thinking the original one you ordered was really one size too small (mislabeled at factory). I would reorder the original size again.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Mine was fine in my normal size. It seems as if that first one was mislabeled.

Valued Contributor

I normally wear a small. I have the WK with the buttons and ties as well as other styles in WK. They fit good. I ordered my normal size in the red in this new WK V-neck, and it fit great in the shoulders and chest, but just a little too close at the ribbing for me. I sized up, but the medium fell off my shoulders and bra straps were exposed, but liked the way it fit around the bottom. My chest and hips are the same measurement.

Valued Contributor

On 2/21/2014 JustJazzmom said:

If I find that the item in question is not fitting the way its stated, I take my measuring tape and compare measurements to the garment click here ones. If they are wrong then I send it back and have the Q send it back on their dime.

I am thinking the original one you ordered was really one size too small (mislabeled at factory). I would reorder the original size again.

Thanks for the info, doesn't happen often but I'll do it next time something isn't right! Yes, I'll get the mediums and send these back. Their return and exchange process is so long, I don't want to take any chances. This return thing gets expensive, geez...!
Frequent Contributor

I normally wear an xs in Louis' things, but this piece, I sized up and it fits perfect -

Contributor

I sized up on this also. I ordered my usual xsmall, however, after trying it on, I felt more comfortable in the small.

Valued Contributor

I also sized up on this one size. The fit was spot on. This is one of my favorite of my collection of whisper knits.

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2014 breee said:

I ordered my normal size in the red in this new WK V-neck, and it fit great in the shoulders and chest, but just a little too close at the ribbing for me. I sized up, but the medium fell off my shoulders and bra straps were exposed, but liked the way it fit around the bottom.

This is the dilemma I am facing. I'd like to get this top, but I'm afraid the shoulders and chest will fit and the bottom will be too snug, or if I size up, the shoulders and chest will be way too big.

Respected Contributor

Waterbaby, it really sounds like your first one was mis-labeled at the factory. However, I probably have every waist whittling sweater that Louis has ever done, and in multiple colors, and I agree that the 3/4 sleeve version and current mock neck fit slightly closer to the body. They are also lighter weight. I'm sure that the difference in weight was intentional, since they are supposed to be spring and summer sweaters. But somehow, they came out a bit smaller and I don't really know what explains that.