Honored Contributor

Sizing Question J Jason Wu

[ Edited ]

I would like to order A389855 J Jason Wu V-Neck City Knit Crossover Top.  I've only ordered two other blouses from QVC, and I wore an XS in each one.  One was a Joan Rivers blouse (I think this might be an XXS), and the other was a Side Stitch.  

I wear a 34C bra, and the chest measurement in the XS is 33 1/2.  The S is 35 1/2.  I don't know what to do.  I guess I should order the S, but even that seems a little too small.  I don't want the expense of ordering and returning.  I wear a S or XS in B&M (usually Anthropologie, Loft or Talbots).

I know that no one has any experience with the way Jason Wu's clothes run, but I was still hoping for some opinions.  Another blouse that I looked at of his seemed like it ran really large.  The XS chest measurement was something like 40, but it was a much fuller cut.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Sizing Question J Jason Wu

My opinion would be to go with the small.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you @itsmagic .  That's what I've been thinking, too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack.  Do you have a similarly cut top in your closet you could measure then find that measurement in the actual garment measurement chart?  That would be my suggestion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's a really good idea @Kachina624 .  I don't have anything like that, but I could measure the closest thing.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Katrina was wearing an extra small. That should tell you all you need to know. If I were you I would go with the XXS

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NickNack 

Katrina was wearing an extra small. That should tell you all you need to know. If I were you I would go with the XXS

@Andreatoo   I looked at the items in Katrina's show, and she didn't have that top on her show unless it sold out and wasn't pictured.  I did watch one of her presentations with him, and she said she was wearing an XS in that top.  It was made completely differently though.

I hate to do this, but I think I'm going to order two sizes and return one.  That will keep me from keeping one that really isn't a perfect fit just because I don't want to return it.  I'm going to get the amethyst.  That isn't a color that I wear very often, but I think it's really pretty in the pieces he's shown.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NickNack 

@Andreatoo   I looked at the items in Katrina's show, and she didn't have that top on her show unless it sold out and wasn't pictured.  I did watch one of her presentations with him, and she said she was wearing an XS in that top.  It was made completely differently though.

I hate to do this, but I think I'm going to order two sizes and return one.  That will keep me from keeping one that really isn't a perfect fit just because I don't want to return it.  I'm going to get the amethyst.  That isn't a color that I wear very often, but I think it's really pretty in the pieces he's shown.

@NickNack   

I love the amethyst color he is featuring in his collection and would love to have an amethyst sweater.  However, I noticed that all of them had acrylic in their content and that makes me itch, itch, itch.

Esteemed Contributor

Going from an XS, which goes down to a 2, up to a S, which goes up to an 8, is an immense range.

Almost impossible to pick.  The shoulder seam must really vary too.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I chose the amethyst too in the twist collar blouse.

I would consider those that claim to wear an extra extra small. Are you smaller than them? Bigger? Shawn Killinger has been very candid about her measurements and even recently her weight and she wears the XXS