Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sizing Info --- I Wish Host Would

@nyc1  ITA!!!!

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm just lucky....the hosts most, if not all, the times give the sizes the models are wearing.  But I don't watch a whole lot, so that may be why.

Honored Contributor

I must watch different clothing shows as the hosts always give the sizes.  Some hosts mention it more often than others.  If Im interested in an item I check it out on line and I have only had 1 pair of slacks I returned because they were to big.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@rms1954  YES YES YES ...    I was watching SB also last night, and I like her a lot, and they presented a top that caught my attention.  They did not give the model's size nor did it have anything on the screen with the chest size.  I waited and waited and  then thought,   if they aren't giving that info,  maybe I really don't need this piece.  I passed.  Lost sale for them.   Could I have looked it up?  Yes, if it were posted....  but I didn't have the time, nor the drive, which in the end, saved me money.

That's exactly what happened with me, except I ordered it and then cancelled cuz I just don't want the hassle of returning and waiting for a chance to be sold out in another size.  I don't go by the sizing given on line -- I am better seeing and comparing body type of model wearing it.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Maybe because I am short, I just don't get why it matters what size a model is wearing.  Most of them are very tall and xxl or xs.  I am not tall or small.

I have never seen a QVC model with my body type.

On the few occasions, I have been interested in QVC clothing, I just go to the item on line and look at the clothing measurements.  

QVC has mentioned many, many times, what size the models are.  If you relate to a certain model, I would think you already have an idea of what size she is and what size She is wearing.

@Carmie  But that's exactly why it's helpful.  Sometimes a host will say that they normallly take a small, but they are in an xxs because of the cut of the garment.    Or, they normally take a small but they sized up because they wanted a looser fit in an item...   and then I can see how it fits them when they're wearing it.  That gives me a better idea of what to order.   I also like to see measurements on the screen.  It's helpful to me.

You said it perfectly.