Honored Contributor

At present, QVC has cut way down on the number of models used, to reduce the number of people on the set.  However, normally there is a good showing of different sizes and heights.  There is almost always a petite model and a plus size.  They typically stuff plus size women into sizes that are too small.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Size of ModelsWhile https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/interac

[ Edited ]

While I think we are all aware of the reduced staffing during live shows at this time, QVC has always had an overabundance of XS and XXS size models that are used. It's most unfortunate because they don't represent the majority of the population, and all designs do not look the same on all sizes. I have always felt the models should be shown in a range of sizes, small to the largest.

There is a particular small size host whose name I won't mention that claims she likes her clothes worn tight. Well there are a lot of women in the general public that feel that way too. I am not one of them. There are a lot of people who don't look as good as they think they do!

Respected Contributor

Re: Size of ModelsWhile https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/interac

@Xivambala wrote:

While I think we are all aware of the reduced staffing during live shows at this time, QVC has always had an overabundance of XS and XXS size models that are used. It's most unfortunate because they don't represent the majority of the population, and all designs do not look the same on all sizes. I have always felt the models should be shown in a range of sizes, small to the largest.

There is a particular small size host whose name I won't mention that claims she likes her clothes worn tight. Well there are a lot of women in the general public that feel that way too. I am not one of them. There are a lot of people who don't look as good as they think they do!

I have provided lists of names in the past (I won't do so here because I don't have the mental energy to think of all those names again), but there are LOTS of models who are not XS/XXS who are (or were, before the current situation) regularly featured on fashion shows. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

At present, QVC has cut way down on the number of models used, to reduce the number of people on the set.  However, normally there is a good showing of different sizes and heights.  There is almost always a petite model and a plus size.  They typically stuff plus size women into sizes that are too small.

still time to get the right size clothes on set for whom ever is scheduled to work.  

someone things that tight clothing looks better than properly fitted 

Valued Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

I have provided lists of names in the past (I won't do so here because I don't have the mental energy to think of all those names again), but there are LOTS of models who are not XS/XXS who are (or were, before the current situation) regularly featured on fashion shows. 

Yes, they have a M, L, 1X. They never used them enough. Some vendors seem to be more likely than others to use large size models as well. There have been plenty of shows, particulary with TSV's, when 4-5 models were out and all were only smalls. I still believe as I said, QVC would serve the public better showing a range of all sizes.

Respected Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

Yes, they have a M, L, 1X. They never used them enough. Some vendors seem to be more likely than others to use large size models as well. There have been plenty of shows, particulary with TSV's, when 4-5 models were out and all were only smalls. I still believe as I said, QVC would serve the public better showing a range of all sizes.

Yes, I agree, it does vary with the line/brand. I know that I see a lot of S/M/L/XL models on D&Co shows, and Isaac seems to use a variety of sizes, so maybe my view is influenced by the fact that I do see a good variety when I happen to watch. Some shows also have petite models who are not XXS/XS -- I can think of a couple of Petite Mediums, and I always enjoy seeing them. You are correct in your basic assertion, though ... full representation of sizes better serves the public!

Honored Contributor

There is a show on tomorrow (May 1) at 4 p.m. with Carolyn, "All Worthy  Hunter McGrady." Although the clothes are offered in all sizes, it looks like it will cater to the fuller-size woman. I would bet we'll see some lovely plus size models in that show. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That new model who is a plus size is the prettiest one on there. She is a stunner. Blonde gal, she is so pretty . I just look at her face not really paying any attention to what she has on. LOL

Valued Contributor

Agree with all being said.  QVC only cuts down on sales.  I think it is Adrien (?) who always wears the right size, looks good and then I can judge what size I need.  Even some of the very thin models are in tight clothes.  I wear a sm. but still need to see if the lines of the garment will be good for me.  My hips are bigger than top.

Honored Contributor

LOL i'm just the opposite. Bigger thru the chest and broad shoulder and back.  I'm a mini linebacker. LOL

hips and legs are 'hot' hahhahahaha I give the credit to my recumbent bike. ROFL   Now, if I could work on the top I'd be a hot old chick.