Contributor
Have any of the Designers ever shown their line on a 5’4” Model in an XL or Plus Size? The Models are lovely but most of us are not built like they are.
Respected Contributor

Re: Size of Models

[ Edited ]

I've noticed that too. Maybe the models you mentioned are all they can get right now...?

What bothers me is that they put plus-sized models into clothes that DON'T FIT; sometimes it looks like QVC stuffed them into clothes that are a couple of sizes too small.

I give those ladies a lot of credit for smiling as though they LIKE looking terrible when they must surely be aware that the clothes don't fit. And especially, putting larger models in white pants that really show the effects of being too small--wrinkled and bunched up adnd too sheer.

I hope they pay those models a lot of money for putting up with this.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I've noticed that too. Maybe the models you mentioned are all they can get right now...?

(snip)

I hope they pay those models a lot of money for putting up with this.

---------------------------------------

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I often have the same thought .... 

Respected Contributor

Oh I wouldn't say that. The blonde model Jacque isn't teeny tiny and I think she looks good when modeling the clothes.

Respected Contributor

Jacque is very pretty but for me, they put her in the wrong size.  It is, always, too tight, too small.  I, always, feel bad for her, it doesn't show her or the clothes in the best light.

Maria is the XL size model and she, always, appears in the correct size and looks lovely.

Super Contributor

Jacque says she wears a size Large.  Yes, that's not teeny tiny but not an XL or lX either.

Regular Contributor

I have to agree. Being a “woman of size” I am always very mindful of color,print,cut, and sizing when shopping for clothes. This may be the age of do whatever makes you feel good BUT just because it comes in a 3x doesn’t mean you should wear it!

Honored Contributor

@abbytlj wrote:
Have any of the Designers ever shown their line on a 5’4” Model in an XL or Plus Size? The Models are lovely but most of us are not built like they are.

it might not be easy to find a model to fit that description

and let's be honest, most of the Q's clothes are not made for anyone 5 4 across all sizes let alone plus

look at JRT, will wear Q stuff that just doesn't fit her  ,  

and that's not her fault

Honored Contributor

the majority of women on the Q host/s model frequently wear too small clothing

screaming tight white jeans on all sizes, jackets that don't even meet in the middle

Regular Contributor

I agree. Pam had on a dress yesterday, that could've been really cute but it was clearly the wrong size and clung way too much. I felt really bad for her as I'm sure she was uncomfortable.

I think QVC would have fewer returns if they showed how the clothes truly fit. 

Football is my favorite season.