Trusted Contributor

Size of Garment(s) Shown During Presentations

I wonder why the rack of items for presentation purposes by the host are always XXS or 0-2?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Size of Garment(s) Shown During Presentations

Obviously you don't watch Denim & Co. They show a wide range of sizes.

Which lines only show the teensy weensy sizes?

Valued Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

I wonder why the rack of items for presentation purposes by the host are always XXS or 0-2?  

Well, we all wear that size, right? Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I would imagine small sizes are presented because large sizes don't fit hangers as well, in fact, in many stores larger sizes of pants have part of the waist banc clipped back to make it look nicer on the hanger.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure I've seen larger sizes hanging on the rack, but maybe they have the  hosts size hanging so she can put it on. There  are usually all size models wearing the clothes, which is really important. I see Michonda, Bonnie, Angela, Ade, and Jackie all the time. The models are all good sports. I really enjoy seeing them in the clothing, so I can get a clear view of the garment.

Valued Contributor

Because that is an effective sales technique. I notice the hosts and models talking about what size they have on. I might wear a medium or large personally but the model or host says they are wearing a medium or large and they are much bigger than me. In my opinion, one size larger would be more flattering on the host or model. Pants that pull around the models knees and thighs and crotch or around there arms so they never take off the jacket to show the blouse. Sometimes the model or host pulls up the shirt to show the waist band and sometimes they don't, which tells me a lot about the fit. When I read the reviews, people write in how tight this or that is. I realize our bodies are all different, some are tall, some are bigger busted, so clothing doesn't fit the same on everyone. But I have to be careful to really look at the model and how they have the garment styled. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Obviously you don't watch Denim & Co. They show a wide range of sizes.

Which lines only show the teensy weensy sizes?

@Love my grandkids    Most items on the hangers, including D&C are indeed small sizes so I agree with @fitfuninformed.  The models are shown in all sizes. @ECBG  has posted a logical explanation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the retail world, " Sample Sizes" are always a very small size.  it has always been this way for clothing and for shoes.

The items look better in smaller sizes than they do in large sizes and they are easier to handle and store. They don't take up a lot of space.  In brick and mortar stores, they fit in the mannequins and on QVC most of the models are very small as well.

I wear a size 6 shoe.  This has always been the sample size.  I can just go into any shoe department and try on the shoe from the display.  I also used to go to the factory outlets we have here in PA and buy the sample shoes for just a few pennies on the dollar.

Respected Contributor

They get sent sample sizes and those are always small. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I'm sure I've seen larger sizes hanging on the rack, but maybe they have the  hosts size hanging so she can put it on. There  are usually all size models wearing the clothes, which is really important. I see Michonda, Bonnie, Angela, Ade, and Jackie all the time. The models are all good sports. I really enjoy seeing them in the clothing, so I can get a clear view of the garment.

I agree...they mostly hang the sizes on the rack that the host can wear!

Amy is so tiny....so they almost always have her size on the rack...she puts on tons of items during her show.

When Carolyn/Leah etc. are on, they would have her size so they can put it on.

Unless, of course, they only have sample sizes available!

Honestly, what diff does it make what is hanging on the rack? 

Different size models wearing it is clearly the important aspect.