Honored Contributor

Re: Size hosts put on matters

For me, it's important to hear the size they are wearing, and see how that size fits on them -- whether it's the host or model.

Yes, Jennifer wears her pants skin tight all the time. It's how she prefers to wear her clothes, so that's wonderful for her.  When she calls out her size as XXS or a zero or two, it's best to then notice if that's how you want your pants to fit.  If you want all your pants to look like leggings, then great.  If you want a more traditional fit, then stick to your true size.  For those who model their fit after Jennifer, for example, decide how you want to wear that item, then order accordingly.

I love how Leah is mentioning more & more that she is teetering between a medium and a large, depending on the style of the garment, and how she wants her clothes to fit.  Her natural style of wearing her clothes is never tight, but a very attractive fit on her, so I can follow her guidance more accurately.   

Trusted Contributor

We all know the hosts will put the smallest size on,can't change that.If the model has the same thing on looks different go with that.All the woman on qvc want to be thinner than anyone else.Do what is best for you,your body

Super Contributor

I follow the size guide .
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I generally think most hosts and models are wearing things too small, especially pants. One exception is Mary Beth Roe. I have not seen her look squeezed into anything. 

Most of the pants I see on the Q look really super tight to me from bum to ankle. I just don't like that look. I guess it's all the stretch. I like a bit of stretch too, but just because you can fit into a size, that doesn't make it the right size for you. JMO. 

I don't use the models or hosts for sizing. I use the garment size & fit chart to help me. 

Valued Contributor

I always have to laugh when the hosts put on a xxs jacket and they couldn't close that jacket if they tried.  

Honored Contributor

@BLH wrote:

I always have to laugh when the hosts put on a xxs jacket and they couldn't close that jacket if they tried.  

Some are very small.  Jennifer looks about a triple 32 A in the bust, but has wide hips. She looks my weight  So I always follow the hosts, not the models. The trouble with models is their height.  I'm a little bigger in the bust then they are.  Jen, Kersten, Amy look about the same weight.  But Amy and Kersten have a more proportion in their body.  Jennifer is the most helpful in the proportion of her body.  Because she has a pear shape body. That is just as important as the size they say have on. I'm neither short waisted or long. For measurements, I only look at the chest area. I always allow 2 inches before the next size. (for tops)  I'm almost hipless in pants.  So that's no problem. I just get the bottom size.

Valued Contributor

Oh to be hipless...........................

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Kirsten, Amy and Courtney are the only true XXS, Jennifer and Shawn are small as well, but should  probably be wearing a XS or even a Small. Shawn is very busty, so I can't believe an XXS would fit her on top.....