Esteemed Contributor

I popped in on the Graver show earlier this evening and saw Jennifer wearing some plaid pants.  They looked like a nice plaid but fit like skinny jeans.  Then the model came out in the same pants and they looked so much better, like trousers.  I would never consider the plaid in the fit on Jennifer but considered them when seen on the model.  The hosts sure like their clothing very close fitting and sometimes that could change the look of the clothes and not for the better.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Size hosts put on matters

Everyone should own a full-length mirror (a 3-way is even better).    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

There are times that the Hosts do say that their size was not available  so some have the  sense not to put on a  something much smaller than their regular size.  Some times the Hosts do put on one size smaller if their size was not on stage but atleast some of the Hosts do say so, however some Hosts always are wearing something too small. 

Honored Contributor

Never mind.

Enjoy the week ahead!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Jen likes to wear her clothes form fitting which is often not a great look especially when your a customer and trying to get an idea of how something is suppose to fit. .  She's a pretty woman but loves to say how she is an xxs. Personally she would look nicer if she went up a size. 

Honored Contributor

I often wonder why designers don’t say something about the hosts and models who wear a size too small - other than “you look amazing!”
Honored Contributor

I think they wear close to their size.  Some are really tiny. Nearly all the hosts are XXS or XS.  Jen is small everywhere, but her hips are wide. She would be better in XS, but she has almost non existing breasts. The exceptions are older hosts, Carolyn, Jayne etc.  I rely on those small hosts when they have plus size models on.  Easier to visualize myself. I don't know if that was one reason they were hired. Amost anyone on TV has be as thin as possible. But I'm glad they're there.

Trusted Contributor

Since they are showing more than one item in the show there must be something else she could find in her size.  Not a good reason to wear something too small.

Valued Contributor

Please Sk is the winner on this one.  I'm surprised the designers don't object

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whether they wear the correct size or not it's informative!

Shawn is candid about her numbers, including weight, so if she's in an xxs what we learn is that if one really is small it likely will be too big!

I haven't seen Jen in anything too tight but I like seeing her in things because she generally styles it differently from the model(s) i.e., tucking in a shirt, etc..