Honored Contributor

Re: Six Wedding Guests, Same Dress

I love the dress in the Pale Blue Option-that is beautiful! I don;t think any of them looked that great in the dress, it looked too small in most cases, plus it looks like the type of dress that if you have any extra weight in the tummy-either wear Spanx or go with a different style of dress.......... 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Since when did an opinion become body shaming, body shaming is calling some one FAT or saying they have a BIG Nose, that is disrespectful.

Saying a dress is tight is not shaming, it is honesty which some can not take JMHO

@I am still oxox

BINGO!     

Any time I pick up a fashion magazine and flip through the pages, I mentally assess whether I like the color or not .... the style .... the makeup application .....  and whether there is something interesting to take note of.  I think many women do that.   Same on QVC presentations .....  do I like the style, the colors, the length of whatever.  So what?  Any woman who is even mildly interested in fashion will do that.  

Going back to the cave man days, when survival depended on it, it HAD to be human nature has to assess any number of things ... friend or foe ... is that person dangerous ... do I know them ... etc etc.

My point is we make instantaneous observations all the time.  If we notice that a woman's dress is too tight or the color is all wrong for her coloring ... or whatever .... that doesn't make us angry or unhappy or over-critical.  It means we are OBSERVANT.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The dress does not flatter any of them. How did NONE of them see that when they tried it on?

Beyond that; they must not be friends or family of each other. I have a HUGE family; we have never EVER worn the same item (be it a top, bottom, dress, shoes, coat, etc) to a function any of else were attending. Same with friends. 

Must give them kudos for having a great attitude about it!

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

imo, that dress looks awful on all the guests.

And looks great on the model!

Honored Contributor

Always get a twinge of regret when women pile up on other women.

I was never terribly concerned about my looks so I’m pretty immune to the comments here, but I’d certainly feel more comfortable, if I felt a REAL NEED to do so, with saying that several of the group weren’t flattered by the style.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's funny.  Instant bridesmaids.  The bride looked happy and they do too, no harm done!!!!  The center of attention is the Bride anyway.  

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

Well she is a model so it should look good on her.  It's her job.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

Well she is a model so it should look good on her.  It's her job.

@Lipstickdiva  Obviously a given!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

Always get a twinge of regret when women pile up on other women.

I was never terribly concerned about my looks so I’m pretty immune to the comments here, but I’d certainly feel more comfortable, if I felt a REAL NEED to do so, with saying that several of the group weren’t flattered by the style.

That may be why you don't seem understand it has nothing to do with "piling on"

it was clearly made to flatter a certain body type and most of their bodies are not that type

Thats just the truth thats not a pile on

Certain styles are clearly meant to be more flattering on some than others

so maybe not being concerned about your looks you wouldn't take that into consideration as these women didn't seem to

Respected Contributor

Interesting.

Especially to me, since from the photo, the dress does not really flatter any of them.

Definitely not a case of "it looks good on everyone".

Making a statement with your outfit kind of backfired here, since it seemed to be a popular choice by others also.

-Texas Hill Country-