Respected Contributor

Ordered the animal print and Silverlake denim...love the fabric and want shirts I can use over and over, season to season, year after year. I have 2 lyocell shirts (not SideStitch) that are wonderful.  Since I live in denim shirts, these could be a luxury "denim" shirt.

Honored Contributor

Re: Side Stitch

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123   For me, they're a true to size fit. I don't like my tops skin tight or pulling across the ta tas. A size small is good for me which is what I wear in most tops, knits or blouses.

Respected Contributor

Re: Side Stitch

[ Edited ]

I was interested in a ide Stitch top a while back and decided to look online to see other Lyocell examples.

This women's shirt is from Target and is 100% Lyocell.

The Target price is $19.99.

image.png

This dress is also from Target, is 100% Lyocell, and is priced at $27.99 at the Target website.

image.png

I recently bought a long-sleeve denim/Lyocell shirt with slightly puffed sleeves from Macy's website that was on sale for $27, I and like the blend.

Lyocell is made from wood pulp and is considered a rayon fabric.

I think it's an individual decision of what fabric you like, which designs you like, and how much you're willing to pay.

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Shanus appreciate the info!

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have tried different brands of  and non compare to Side Stitch.  I have a pair of crop pants, two wide leg pants and many tops that I reach for every time.  The material is so soft and lightweight perfect for this hot weather we are having.  I did order the Big Deal in the animal print. It is so different and I don't have anything like it.

@Pecky  and anyone else who can help on sizing -   I haven't purchased Side Stitch, so unsure of sizing.  I always look at the specific garment sizing, but does this brand run tight?  I try to go for a 15.5" in the shoulder, but the bust for the small looks a bit big.  I'm thinking I should size down to an XS.  I don't want it too baggy, but want to be able to move my arms too.  I do have thin arms.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I have tried different brands of  and non compare to Side Stitch.  I have a pair of crop pants, two wide leg pants and many tops that I reach for every time.  The material is so soft and lightweight perfect for this hot weather we are having.  I did order the Big Deal in the animal print. It is so different and I don't have anything like it.

@Pecky  and anyone else who can help on sizing -   I haven't purchased Side Stitch, so unsure of sizing.  I always look at the specific garment sizing, but does this brand run tight?  I try to go for a 15.5" in the shoulder, but the bust for the small looks a bit big.  I'm thinking I should size down to an XS.  I don't want it too baggy, but want to be able to move my arms too.  I do have thin arms.  Thanks!

@IlliniGirl88 Hi, I find this brand to run generous.  I always order xxs and still have plenty of room.  I am very small busted and I also have thin arms.  You should be fine with the xs.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky- Thanks for the sizing input!  This is a nice shirt, love the animal print too.

Are you getting the Barefoot Dreams Big Deal?

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Pecky- Thanks for the sizing input!  This is a nice shirt, love the animal print too.

Are you getting the Barefoot Dreams Big Deal?

@IlliniGirl88 You are welcome!  I am on the fence about BFD Big Deal.  It looks so long on the models and I am only 5'3.  I am going to wait to see the presentation.  Are you getting it?

Honored Contributor

My first lyocel piece was purchased at target a few years ago and I found it pricier than their usual. It's a Moto style vest/top. What I love about it is it has the look of a crisp, structured, woven but is deceptively soft.

Tencera is a process proprietary to Side Stitch (I think they have a patent) that apparently makes it even softer! I've yet to try it

Super Contributor

@ScarletDove @I ordered the same 2 shirts.  I do not own any Side Stitch because of their cost but at this price I'll give it a try.  Love and live in denim shirts so I would appreciate a quality one.  If I'm not impressed, back they go!