Honored Contributor

I paid $80.00 for an "as is" return in the style Shawn had for sale Monday night. The first time I washed it I was afraid to put it in the dryer.  So I ended up with this stiff mess and I figured I had ruined it.  At that point I did put it into the dryer with something else wet and the shirt turned out great.  Shawn said something about you must put it in the dryer and she is 100% correct.  So don't get discouraged until you figure out how to treat this fabric.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I paid $80.00 for an "as is" return in the style Shawn had for sale Monday night. The first time I washed it I was afraid to put it in the dryer.  So I ended up with this stiff mess and I figured I had ruined it.  At that point I did put it into the dryer with something else wet and the shirt turned out great.  Shawn said something about you must put it in the dryer and she is 100% correct.  So don't get discouraged until you figure out how to treat this fabric.

@depglass  - I don't own any Side Stitch pieces, but do want to order this.  Does it shrink?  I'm between and XS and a Small and not sure which size to order.  I'd fit better in the bust with the XS, but shoulders would fit better in the small.  I'm afraid the small will be too voluminous though.  Does this style look okay if I go with the small?  I don't want it too tight, but also not super baggy.  I've heard this brand can run generous.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@EZ shopper wrote:

@ScarletDove @I ordered the same 2 shirts.  I do not own any Side Stitch because of their cost but at this price I'll give it a try.  Love and live in denim shirts so I would appreciate a quality one.  If I'm not impressed, back they go!

@EZ shopper   We are thinking exactly the same on this one....

Respected Contributor

Lots of Side Stitch over on ebay. That's where I get mine.....way better price.

Honored Contributor

I ordered this in the Silverlake.  I have thought about ordering something from Side Stitch in the past but never have.  The fabric sounds wonderful and seems like something I could wear all the time in the fall.  I never did hear Shawn or the rep say whether the sleeves were long or 3/4 sleeves when they aren't rolled up.  Does anyone know?

I really debated about the size.  I wear mostly a small, but do wear an XS sometimes.  The measurements seemed quite large, so I ordered the XS.  I hope I won't be sorry.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

I haven't purchased any Side Stitch brand clothing but based on the reviews I am looking forward to purchasing!  Also the fact that its clothing made in the US encourages me all the more.