Honored Contributor

Re: Side Stitch utility jacket

@maximillian wrote:

Side Stitch .  Hyped. Overpriced.  Denim & Co. and Joan Rivers lines are starting to show items with the  same touted "fabrication" as Side Stitch for more reasonable prices.  We need to be smart consumers. Side Stitch is WAY over-priced. 

@maximillian   I assume we're all at an age to know what we can and cannot afford to purchase. Each person has a different limit. 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Well, duh, I know that. Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Okey, dokey, Shanus.  Enjoy. Message received.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered both colors and they should be here by Friday ...  would have missed these if not for this thread.   

Thanks @Susan Louise !

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I ordered both colors and they should be here by Friday ...  would have missed these if not for this thread.   

Thanks @Susan Louise !

@SoX  Thank you for letting me know. It's nice to hear I have helped others once in awhile Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a few words about Side Stitch:  My love with it started with a white shirt I purchased many years ago on a reduced price. The fabric feels like silk and that shirt looks like the day I got it although I bet I wear it almost twice a week and washed many times. 

Sometimes an expensive item, like a cashmere sweater, my NYDJ jeans or a special jacket makes YOU feel special...Not because of the price  (I always wait for a sale), but it may be the fabric against your skin, the way it fits like a glove or just how you feel when you look in the mirror wearing it. Those items in my closet are priceless. 

I try to collect only those "special" items to add to my basic wardrobe. I've followed that method of tossing out anything that I don't absolutely love, looks great on me NOW (not waiting to fit into or too big and loose) and although it sounds weird...items that bring me joy.

Life's too short to have a closet overflowing with clothes just to have something to wear or never worn. I'd rather have 1/4 as much that I always wear, even repeat twice or three times a week changing the belt or tucking in the shirt or leaving it out. Maybe it's age that makes me appreciate "good" things....doesn't mean expensive pieces, but rather items that aren't just there to fill my closet...8 white tees when I always went to the same 3 that fit great and looked the best. The other 5 are out. What's the point? 

Over the last year, staying home a lot, gave me time to think about this, not just clothing, but all over the house...I was able to go through books, things taking up space on book shelves just to fill up the shelves....It's all gone. 

It's so good to love or have an attachment to everything here..antiques from my family on the shelves, kitchen counters cleared of clutter and only what I need to cook/prepare meals every day. I've done our bathroom and pared down all the linens to just what we use, my makeup/skincare, finally all styling products and shampoos I didn't like are gone, the closet once filled with meds, bandaids, outdated Tylenol, cough syrup....cleared out and now we can find what we need. My studio is the last frontier and the most dificult.  

When I look around, I feel more comfortable with only clothing, objects and cookware that have meaning and/or are useful on a regular basis like my Side Stitch items. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SoX wrote:

Thanks @Susan Louise !

@SoX  Thank you for letting me know. It'ts nice to hear I have helped others once in awhile Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise @Shanus 

I've heard good things about this brand from @LTT1 ... I also ordered a sleeveless top and matching pants last year and am looking forward to wearing them this summer ...

Side Stitch Sleeveless Striped Linen Blend Top with Button Detail - QVC.com

Side Stitch Petite Striped Linen Blend Pull-On Wide-Leg Pants - QVC.com

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus ITA!  I LOVE Side Stitch.  Never tried any "pants" they just don't do anything for me but I have at least 3 button downs and love every one of them. 

Can't remember where they all came from but my first definetly came from a small boutique in Kennebunkport, it was on clearance, still pricey but just touching that fabric was like buttah. 

It drapes and flows perfectly.  Washes amazing.  They work with just about any other fabric.   At my age I'd rather have a few things I love than tons of things that clutter and just sit. 

Good to see you again! 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum   Not sure we've met here yet, but I think we're sisters. I've often said here that I always choose one "good" piece over two less expensive ones. If a shirt can bring joy, this line does. 

I don't have the pants either. I'm not a flowy pants girl, but stay with jeans and tailored trousers. Thesse shirts elevate any pants I wear. I may try a pair of pants one day, but not joggers...something more classic that I'll have forever, not go out of style and have for many years like my shirts.  

Honored Contributor

An update: For those that have already ordered (call CS for a price adjustment)...or were considering ordering

@Shanus  @SoX  @Santorini 

The price dropped to $51.89!