Honored Contributor

Sick of all the flowy cardigans

They all look the same . . . awful.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sick of all the flowy cardigans

I love them.  

Honored Contributor

I have two or three cardigans with the flowing fronts with no buttons or anything holding it closed in the front.  I find I don't wear them all that often because they fly open with the wind and when it's cooler out, it bothers me.  I don't necessarily dislike the style, I just want to be able to close the front.....and find I have enough.

I actually put a frog closure on a gorgeous IM sweater-coat that I was able to do it on (enough extra material and the two sides didn't drape).... very nice.   Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

The do all look alike; I love them all.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I own one flower cardigan, one animal print, and one with a tiny widely-spaced embroidered design.  Each of those has a straight hem and I like wearing them.

The cardigans I have decided not to ever buy again?  Those with long front drapes or those with backs more than two or three inches longer than the front panels.

I also think I may not buy any more tunic length cardigans, but that's not a rule for me written in stone - not yet.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any, but came close to buying one the other day.  I'll end up with one soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own a few, of course they don't all look the same.  That's silly talk.  If you have a good sense of style, you know how to style them to get the look you want.  I don't wear them exclusively and since I am short, I can't wear the ones with long long points but I do wear them.  Like everything in fashion, it's a choice.  No one likes or wears every single trend that comes in.  We wear what appelas to us.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

EDIT: Please disregard: that's what I get for not using my reading glasses! LOL! I read the original and subsequent posts as "flowery", not "flowy".

I don't care for flower prints on me; however, I do like it on other people. I bought a flower dress (Liz Clairborne) but will be giving that away.

I do have two flower cardigans that I've had for ages and I love 'em and still wear 'em.WP_20160110_11_27_51_Pro.jpg

Valued Contributor

I am crazy for any trend that covers up all my business - and residential areas too!

Honored Contributor

The one I have is micro fiber and hangs straight because it has no bulk.  I don't choose things that add width to me.