Super Contributor

Interesting to see what's out there...

LCNY ramie/cotton/poly $36

Liz Claiborne New York Shell Stitch Hand Crochet Shrug

Monique Lhuillier at NM - cotton $995

<object id="vid-wrap" style="zoom: 1;" data="http://www.neimanmarcus.com/swf/external/jwplayer/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%" height="100%" name="vid-wrap" tabindex="0"></object>

Super Contributor

I don't like those little shrugs.

I was looking through some photos from the late 50s and early 60s - we wore a lot of that type then. Now - this is the style I prefer. It goes better with my ""look.""

Respected Contributor

I love these lace ones Karen!! I have one that I have nearly worn out, a black short sleeve crochet with 1 button. I have to have a closure on mine.

Respected Contributor
On 1/10/2014 Kathleen said:

I was looking through some photos from the late 50s and early 60s - we wore a lot of that type then. Now - this is the style I prefer. It goes better with my "look."

that is beautiful!! But without a closure, they all seem to sniggle over to the outside of my top, if you know what I mean - and it makes me look larger.

Super Contributor

I like shrugs, I'm not into boleros really. I like them mostly because they keep my arms warm. It never fails, if I wear sleeveless to somewhere like church or out to dinner, it is my luck that is the day they have turned the AC down to 60 and people are sitting there with their teeth chattering it is so cold. I like having some fabric on my arms.

Super Contributor
On 1/10/2014 Rock_chick said:

I was looking through some photos from the late 50s and early 60s - we wore a lot of that type then. Now - this is the style I prefer. It goes better with my "look."

that is beautiful!! But without a closure, they all seem to sniggle over to the outside of my top, if you know what I mean - and it makes me look larger.

I think it depends on the fabrics. I have several of this type and they stay in place.

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking through some photos from the late 50s and early 60s - we wore a lot of that type then. Now - this is the style I prefer. It goes better with my ""look.""

That is beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

That is beautiful!

Super Contributor
On 1/10/2014 magicmoodz said:

That is beautiful!

I like that a lot too. Where has this website been, I didn't even know about this. They have some nice things. I have to bookmark that.

Honored Contributor

I love the color and design on the one you linked. Very nice!

I have a solid black shrug that I wear over sleeveless dresses this time of year. IMO it just looks better than wearing a regular cardigan over the dress, especially if my dress is a bit more formal.