Esteemed Contributor

Show us the Waist on the pants - front & back

QVC is the worst for showing us customers the waist on the jeans, pants ect . The photos online are not always helpful. Seems the live models always have those very long tops on covering the waist . When  the  Host just tries to give a sneak look  at the waist i by lifting  a small corner of  the models long shirt the camera person is not ready for the close up  . Then you don't see what the back looks like either  . Shawn is one of the few that show the waist .when she models  the clothes.  What a mess , I've sent back so many jeans/slacks because of this . I want to see clearly  where the jeans /pants hit at the live models waist  - I want to see the entire front and back ! Is that so much to ask. I'd like to know the leg width dimension . If they say skinny leg  or wide they can vary alot . Can't they tell you if it's a 14 inch, 17 inch, or 19 inch leg width.

Honored Contributor

Re: Show us the Waist on the pants - front & back

I guess it depends on who is showing the pants.  I mostly watch Denim & Co and when Gary Goben shows them he always removes them from the hanger and shows the front and back of the waistband.

The garment measurements usually list the dimensions of the thigh, knee, calf and ankle.....what more could you want?  Do you know where to find these measurements?  Read the item description; at the end of the text, it advises clicking for actual garment measurements.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

QVC is the worst for showing us customers the waist on the jeans, pants ect . The photos online are not always helpful. Seems the live models always have those very long tops on covering the waist . When  the  Host just tries to give a sneak look  at the waist i by lifting  a small corner of  the models long shirt the camera person is not ready for the close up  . Then you don't see what the back looks like either  . Shawn is one of the few that show the waist .when she models  the clothes.  What a mess , I've sent back so many jeans/slacks because of this . I want to see clearly  where the jeans /pants hit at the live models waist  - I want to see the entire front and back ! Is that so much to ask. I'd like to know the leg width dimension . If they say skinny leg  or wide they can vary alot . Can't they tell you if it's a 14 inch, 17 inch, or 19 inch leg width.

@skatting44 

Are you aware that those measurements are given at the "click here" link on the item's page.   

They give width at knee and width at leg opening.  

Honored Contributor

It depends on the designer, not the host.  Some like Renee do an excellent job of showing all the design elements of their garments, including pants.  When I watch any of the shopping channels, I do with either my laptop or my tablet open so when I have questions or concerns, I can click on the item and see everything I have to see.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@skatting44 

Are you aware that those measurements are given at the "click here" link on the item's page.   

They give width at knee and width at leg opening.  

I am not always ordering off my computer.  Sometimes, I call in an order if   the sizes are selling fast .  Why ca't they  give the leg circumference on  air when they give the inseam legnth .  Don't know what you are talking abt  a " click here " option .  I see the size guide & product  description, but nothing else .  Maybe it depends on  the vendor , so  the info you mention is not  listed for  all slacks/jeans .