Respected Contributor

Re: Should people over 50 wear jeans?

[ Edited ]

Lol!  Boomer generation grew up with jeans! I live in jeans! ❣️them, I just turned 56 last Tuesday. 

Respected Contributor

Jeans have no age limit. 

Honored Contributor

I'm 65 and wear jeans everywhere.  If I didn't - well I guess I would have to go bottomless as I don't have any other pants and I don't wear dresses or skirts except maybe for a wedding and those are few and far between!  

Honored Contributor

For me, age is not the defining variable as to wether or not anyone should wear anything. Regardless of age, if an article of clothing looks good on you, then have at it. That said, I do believe some looks don't generally flatter most people past a certain age. Then again, you could say the same about body type, weight, height and so on. And then there are some looks that are univerally appealing and some that don't flatter anyone, regardless of the variables. If you can wear jeans and look decent wearing them, then age shouldn't matter. Comfort is also a consideration but, for me, it isn't the only consideration. Most people can manage to look nice and still be comfortable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I wear them and probably always will!

Trusted Contributor

I am 66, have always worn jeans and plan on continuing to wear them. 

Honored Contributor

Sadly, no. Many women in my neighborhood attend the Ritual Services for Denim Departure, on the night before their 50th birthdays.

At the sound of the gong, they remove the offending garments, frolic briefly in their Granny Panties, and toss the rejected garments into the largest nearby body of water.

Following light refreshments, the sober faced Denimless Doyennes return quietly to their homes, where preparations for the following day’s gabardine gala will take place.

Ah, Rites of Passage!

Trusted Contributor

don't know what i'd do without them...can remember my first pair of Levis...

I'm either in jeans or yoga pants if not pj's... It's all about comfort for this chick !!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

I sure hope violann was just kidding as that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard!!! And at 65 even I don't wear nor do I ever want to wear granny panties!!!  

To me it doesn't matter age or even how one may look to some wearing jeans.  What looks good or awful on anyone is subjective anyway!!!  The only person anyone has to please is themselves!!

Respected Contributor

I think it's silly to make blanket statements like that.  Wear what you like, feel comfortable in and what you think looks good on you.   I'm 53 and love my Levis.  My mum is 80 and still wears jeans and looks great in them.