Honored Contributor

Re: Should people over 50 wear jeans?

I think the question is, should anyone be caring what anyone over 50 wants to wear? And judging that.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I'm 83 and I wear 4"+ high heels, because I can. I laugh at anyone saying that age alone limits your choices. 

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

YES!   That is ridiculous that someone thought that should be a debated subject.  People irritate me.

i agree.....you can't fix stupid!

Occasional Contributor

Of course they should. I wear them every day, every style ,.I wil be 64 soon.

Regular Contributor

How silly for that radio station to even discuss such a thoughtless question (in my mind anyway)!! Of course any person can wear jeans up until 100+ as long as they feel comfortable and good, why the heck not!!

Tactless people on the radio...

Skylark: Wear them in great health and wear whatever style makes YOU happy!! Don't listen to people and their silly restrictions!

I know lots of people in my village in their 80's up that are more active and vibrate+joyful that just get up & hike and go and enjoy their lives rather then the teenagers in town that sit around at Starbucks on their computers perhaps on social media, IDK for sure! 

But my point is, please wear them and enjoy them!!

Woman WinkWoman Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

http://cdn1.alloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/absolutely.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Of course! What else should any red blooded American wear, especially when casual, as in retired? As a 71 year old retiree who wore bell bottoms in the 1970s, I live in jeans just about every day. I don’t parade around in skin-tight jeggings, nor do I ever wear mom jeans. I buy all my jeans at Chicos or Talbots.

Trusted Contributor

if it was on talk radio, then it was simply meant to elicit a ton of comments ranging from a to z. a stupid question for sure, but it gets the listeners to call in. 

Honored Contributor

It has a lot more to do when and where wearing jeans is appropriate..... having nothing to do with age. A 50 year old woman going to a museum wearing her jeans.. fine. That same woman showing up at her place of worship? Maybe not.

Respected Contributor

Yes, jeans just make sense for the 50+ crowd.  In fact, people that are retired most likely own more jeans then when they were in the work force.  I was only allowed to wear them every other Friday ("casual day") when I worked.

Jeans come in all price points, styles, are durable, easy to take care of, comfortable, and they allow me to be me!  

Even though I think the expression "dress them up, dress them down" is over utilized in most fashion discussions, it applies to jeans.

"Jeans, Jeans, the magical pants." Woman Wink