Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago (pre-virus), during one of Chico's $19 sales (remember those?) I ordered a pair of NYDJ jeans and some other stuff.  The pants are dark indigo - no shading  or whiskers!

Anyway .... the pants were 3+ inches too long - so I folded them up and put them away for another time.  (Streisand's song "Sam You Made The Pants Too Long" comes to mind.)

I "found" them the other day and finally got around to shortening them.  I had to shorten 3-1/2".  

Got a closer look at the fabric ... not impressed.  Label says they were made for Chico's ... so I don't know if their whole line is like this.  Fabric is rather thin and definitely not denim!  

Anyway - they are shortened.  They are fine for everyday pants.  Nothing to write home about.

Trusted Contributor

Since I discovered the Democracy brand...that is all I will buy.  They are a nice weight of denim and the sizing is perfect for me.  Their other pants in the lighter weight fabric are just as nice.  I also think NYDJ jeans are much too expensive.   

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 

I agree the NYDJ are too expensive now that I see and feel the fabric.  I only paid $19 for them - on sale. 

I like LOGO, Renee's denim and best of all (fit and price-wise) Blair.  

--------------------------------------------------------

@Mombo1 wrote:

Since I discovered the Democracy brand...that is all I will buy.  They are a nice weight of denim and the sizing is perfect for me.  Their other pants in the lighter weight fabric are just as nice.  I also think NYDJ jeans are much too expensive.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Shortened some NYDJ

[ Edited ]

BTW, they are having a flash sale today...I ordered three tops. 25% off tees and some other tops that I need for spring and especially summer. Chico's pants have never fit me right, no matter what size I try.... I love their shirts, tops, and tees and wear almost nothing else. They have lots of eyelet right now which I love. Quality is excellent.

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 

I'm pretty well set for tops - I hit all the clearance sales last year.  

I loved Chico's Traveler line.  Those pants fit fine.  I like the acetate/spandex fabric.  Pants are gone - but sill wearing some tops and jackets.   These days - it's mostly jackets and accessories I get from Chico's.  They have some of the cutest pins (I wear them on jean jeackets.}

Other than the NYDJ, generally I've been satisfied with stuff from Chico's.  

-------------------------------------------------

@Trailrun23 wrote:

BTW, they are having a flash sale today...I ordered three tops. 25% off tees and some other tops that I need for spring and especially summer. Chico's pants have never fit me right, no matter what size I try.... I love their shirts, tops, and tees and wear almost nothing else. They have lots of eyelet right now which I love. Quality is excellent.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shortened some NYDJ

[ Edited ]

I also love the travelers line. I have had some pieces of it for years and they still look new. The petite essential slim pants are great. They are the only pant I have found there that fit, prob due to the fabric. I also love their classic dress. It is great for every occasion when you want to add some special accessories.  I like the pants  so much I may order another pair. They don't carry petite travelers in the stores here, which is a bummer. I like their Pima tops in the hot summers here. They hold their color and shape and are so much cooler than wearing anything with poly in it when it is in the triple digits. A few are just $15 today, so well worth it for the quality.