Esteemed Contributor

Re: Short, short, tops and sweaters - I guess this is what's in now?

As a petite, I'm extremely happy to see the short tops arrive. I hope I never  see another tunic, high-low hem, shark-bite hem, etc. 

Regular Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SoonerLater 

I hear ya!  Most of my life was spent in an office setting, so I had to follow protocol in my dress!  In reality, I loved a boho, gypsy, very organic, free flowing style!  

@AngelPuppy1 I hear you, and I did feel differently when well dressed, more confident if a little tug at the panty hose was needed occasionally!   I do feel strongly that people should dress differently at work than at home or out on weekends.  

To me, taking the time and effort to dress well, be neat and put together shows that someone cares enough to present themselves well and do a good job.  My idea is that people should dress to be respectful to those around them.  

As usual there is a happy medium in most things!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SoonerLater 

Yes, I agree.  I did feel good back in the day when I got myself all put together for work.  I took pride in the way I looked when I walked out the door.  I wanted to make a good appearance and felt it did give me more confidence.  I was often told that the way I presented myself was appreciated and that I looked very professional and was an asset.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Short, short, tops and sweaters - NO THAT'S NOT WHAT'S IN

You need to broaden your shopping horizons if you want to find tops that are longer.  There is plenty for everyone to go around.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Conspiracy: Short, short, tops and sweaters -

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1   I live in a small college town and am bombarded by young girls dressed in, what looks like, gym clothing. They make very little effort to dress appropriately for going out to restaurants, stores, etc. 

There IS this vast movement for younger and middle age women to be thin, fit and wear smaller sizes and purchase the same clothing as their daughters...."youth envy"! Some women in their 50's, for example, can pull off tight leggings w/ a shorter top, but others I see out and about look ridiculous...definitely not fit and trim, but squeezing into tight leggings and shorter cropped tops with a tight workout jacket over it. They certainly, at that weight and age, have never seen the inside of a gym. 

Personally, being petite and thin, I could dress like I'm 25, but wouldn't want to...not appropriate. I order from Bloomingdales, Neiman's, Saks to find more age appropriate clothing...yes, sometimes more than I want to pay, but that's my only options. 

Oh for goodness sakes.  Conspiracy theories about lengths of tops.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SoonerLater 

I hear ya!  Most of my life was spent in an office setting, so I had to follow protocol in my dress!  In reality, I loved a boho, gypsy, very organic, free flowing style!  

@AngelPuppy1 I hear you, and I did feel differently when well dressed, more confident if a little tug at the panty hose was needed occasionally!   I do feel strongly that people should dress differently at work than at home or out on weekends.  

To me, taking the time and effort to dress well, be neat and put together shows that someone cares enough to present themselves well and do a good job.  My idea is that people should dress to be respectful to those around them.  

As usual there is a happy medium in most things!  Woman Very Happy

Why?  Shouldn't this be up to the workplace and it's workers?  There are plenty of jobs that don't require office attire.  Some workers have to wear uniforms.  Not everyone is "suited up."  Wearing every day attire not business or too casual is dependent upon the industry you work in and what that employer will allow.  It's not up to you or me.