Esteemed Contributor

Re: Short Sleeve Seersucker Popover Shirt

@Still Raining When it's hot as h**l and dripping - don't care if I look like a cow...........I treasure my half dozen of Susan Graver's seesucker bought 25  ?? years ago.  Wish she would bring back.

Lands'End - Last night placed $160 order - Microsoft End offered to check for coupons......yes yes.

Zap -$50 off - then $52..............on up until I got $62 off my order.

Same last week - saved $50 + off that order.

Tops ,much better than L L Bean

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt 

I love it when those coupons pop up on Microsoft Edge. 
I have a seersucker blouse that's my go to in the summer. Wish I could find more. 

The Lands Ends popover shirt is a too boxy for my tastes. 

Honored Contributor

I like both tops and I do love seersucker!  I have two Joan Rivers seersucker tops which I wear often during the warm months.  As many times as I wash them, they are like new.  These tops look comfortable and perfect for a warm day!

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@FrostyBabe1  I like the Bean version, too.  I would like it a lot more if the length was just a little bit longer.

I understand...I'm fairly short/petite, but ordered a regular size from LLBean in the blue stripe. I don't like tunics, but I don't want my mid section exposed if I raise my arms over my head. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I like both tops and I do love seersucker!  I have two Joan Rivers seersucker tops which I wear often during the warm months.  As many times as I wash them, they are like new.  These tops look comfortable and perfect for a warm day!

@spiderw 

I had Joan's seersucker tops but they shrunk or somethng  Anyway, over the winter one year, something happened.  They fit just the summer before and next summer, I think my closet has a shrinking machine ... I did love them.  I wish the bean counters would advise her surrogates (whomever is making the decisions about her apparel now) to bring back things that were Joan and not the big shirts for whatever reason that's all they seem to have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't currently own any seersucker but I'm pretty sure the Joan Rivers blouse I just ordered during the blowout is a seersucker

I have to check

Yes it is A347415

901827AE-9EC7-4C60-A56D-D4298498A458.png

Honored Contributor

Believe it or not, right now, I can actually visualize and feel the coolness of a seersucker top, after a nice cool shower, on a very hot day.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY 

I just think it will be the perfect sleeved shirt for summertime a/c