Honored Contributor

My long time rule is that I stop shopping for summer clothes on 7/1.  I've been buying since March, my summer shopping is done.  I watch just for styling ideas.  But this morning, I bought my first Fall piece.  It was not a plan.  My friend texted me at 7am to say she bought a lamb leather jacket on clearance from HSN.  G by Giuliana at some super price.  My friend is an xs or s so she can find things like that.  After my coffee, I took a peek at it.  And got a call from my other friend that she picked up a black faux leather moto jacket on clearance.  So that made me think about a Dg2 faux leather jacket I saw back in the Fall.  I loved it but it was $$$ and I was in semi quarantine in the Fall.  I let it go.  I didn't even put it on my wishlist.  To make this long story longer, I looked at this morning, assuming there would not be any 1x or 2x, if there were any at all.   It was $58 and they had both my sizes in black!  I opted for 2x because I want to wear turtlenecks and sweaters under it.  

Honored Contributor

Ive got a whole wardrobe of new things I never got around to wearing last fall and winter.  Need nothing.  Didn't even wear half of my leather jackets. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy any full price "summer" clothes after mid June, but if I see a great basic on sale, I will snap it up.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Since I moved to Florida, the fall and winter seasons are blessings for me- because nothing on the shopping channels tempts me. 😆 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping for Fall

[ Edited ]

Most major retailers start their clearance of summer things right after the Fourth of July. That is when they are making room for back to school and fall items. Here in Texas we have a lot more hot weather to go after the 4th, so even things on clearance will get plenty of wear. A friend of mine who still works in retail said her company lost a lot of money last year due to virtual learning…they are hoping schools will open back up and there will be a need for school clothes and uniforms. We are going north in November so will have to check out the jackets on HSN!

Trusted Contributor

I too am done with summer shopping with the exception of trying, without success, to find a white (not see through) top that is semi dressy.   Do not want it to be tee shirt type material.   No luck so far.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have garments I've not worn (thanks to Covid).  Hopefully, I can get into them.  If I can't it's good excuse to buy some warm sweaters, but that's about it.  I don't need clothes.  I just love fashion (shoes, coats, jewelry, clothing, handbags).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your fall shopping!

So far, mine has consisted of buffing up my many year old, but still good looking, lamb leather coats with leather cleaner.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Enjoy your fall shopping!

So far, mine has consisted of buffing up my many year old, but still good looking, lamb leather coats with leather cleaner.

I hear you @Drythe .  I just have to make sure I can wear them.  Make sure to lose the covid weight.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life