Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopoolics ODAT Wednesday 8/17/2016

Thank you everyone for asking about the wild fires.  The current big one is not close to us, but they are always a real threat.  On the other side of our field, maybe 1/4 of a mile away, there are miles and miles of hills covered in brush, so we're very aware of the danger.  Thankfully our own 3 acres are completely clear.  Go Goats!!!

My DH is eager for a new dishwasher because he's the one who washes the dishes, hee hee...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

image.jpegThis picture is to help you think of cooler temperatures!

Waves to all 💐

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HA Ha butterfly 123.....cute graphic...Thanks. (I am one of a few ladies on here that like the hot weather!)         SPeaking of getting new dishwashers I had gotten a new one this past March.....my "old" one was 6 yrs old.... When the guy came to install it he asked how old the other one was I told him and he said "it lasted that long?"

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, I am hoping for great weather when we are in MA&ME next month.  I am hungry for great seafood & beaches.  Of course our DS & DIL come first.  They are both off the entire Labor Day weekend.  After that it will be play it by ear.

CERB, so happy to hear that you aren't near the fires yet.  My DH washes the dishes when the temps are hot.  I like to wash dishes & have never missed not having one.  After our kitchen flood a few years ago I don't anything that can leak.  We had friends that had bad water damage from a dish washer & a fridge with a door with water/ice dispensers.

LINDAL, Your house sounds very lovely.  New carpet will be nice too after the walls are painted.  Before we sold mom's house, my brother painted every room & our niece did one accent wall in each room.  She also got new floor coverings & appliances as mom's house was 23 years old.

Bird Mama, just remember that Friday is just around the corner.  Mortgage, mortgage mortgage too.  lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

butterfly123, what a great picture.  I love fall & winter. I am one that will never complain about a blizzard.   Hurricanes would scare me much more.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

TWinnyy I think you had mentioned once you go to the outlets inKitteryy.....have you ever Gone up to the ones in Freeportt..not far fromOOBB either on the Me turnpike or 295...they have a pile of outlets plus their bigLLBeann retail store open 24/7.   ALso in Portland itself is the Old Port area which is lovely with it's cobblestone streets.  THat whole area war redone back in the 70's..before that was just  disrepair buildings etc.   Also the Portland headlight in Cape Elizabeth is a nice area,,,we had lived inCEE when we1stt moved up there in 1972...nice little town of about 10,000.   THe second time we lived up there was inFalmouthh another small town...both bedroom communities of Portland.   

Respected Contributor

Afternoon/Evening All, another hot/humid spell again, thought it was over but not so.  Did clean the deck sliding doors, kitchen windows, & some other minor cleaning that really needed attention, you know the things you see all the time but never really look at, then it's omg!

Glad everyone is doing ok & getting things done, making plans, etc, enjoy hearing all the good news.

Hope everyone has a good evening

Essie

Honored Contributor

@spix

We never got out of the humid spell either.  It rained today and I hear storms on Saturday and Sunday morning.  Sunday morning is of interest because my youngest great niece's 1st birthday party is being held at a metro park.  Party starts at 11 am.

That reminds me, I better map the way while I'm thinking about it, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise