Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics: One Day At A Time (Wednesday Sept. 2, 2015)

Genny1, hope you made it to the store, got your laundry done and had time to enjoy the game at 3 today.

PAlady, Happy Birthday to your DH, hope you both enjoyed going out for breakfast and his fav for dinner, meatloaf along with the strawberry pie, yum.

RC, I have days when I have trouble getting going too. I think we all have that sometimes. Have you made your decision yet on the boots?

I'm breaking up my responses into smaller posts.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Sue2, welcome, feel free to join us anytime, I am fairly new here myself.

kittyfan, your ladies church group outing sounds like it was fun. So nice of you to attend the service for your co-worker's MIL's service. I am sure she appreciates it.

Sydsgma, hope your infusion went as quickly and painlessly as possible, and that you feel better soon. I am not nearly at that point with my RA, thank goodness. I am liking the more minimalistic style also, less stuff, less cleaning, lol.

twinny, I have also used KIWI to protect suede items. It worked well for me. Glad you like your clothesline. I only hang sheets, comforters and rugs out, sometimes towels also. The pedometer may be a useful tool for you in your daily walking. I have a fitbit that I wear daily, it does help me to know sometimes that I need to be more active.

Honored Contributor

Susan, happy birthday to your DH.

Welcome to the thread Sue.

I received my olive green suede boots that I ordered from Shoebuy over the weekend.  I wish I could find a gif of Herman Munster laughing, clapping his hands while saying oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I thought they looked nice on the website - they look even better on my feet!  I was wearing a pair of navy ankle pants when I put them on - wow olive looks nice with navy.

I am so over the moon about these boots I can't stand myself (rofl).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

LL, glad there has been improvement from last year on your bone density test results. That is good news. I'm thinking that your back hurting may have something to do as a result of the bush trimming you did. Lol, don't get inspired by me, cause my back, knees and wrists hurt pretty much all the time. (And you should see my messy house, lol) Hope it's feeling better by now. I don't do a lot or ironing, only if necessary and that's not very often. I have a small ironing board that folds down from the wall in my utility room, so really no excuse to not do it.

FHG, I have spent some good amount of time cleaning and adding additional chemicals to our pool as it too is getting cloudy (it always does this time of year for some reason), in preparation to close it up, probably this weekend. With the cool weather we had for over a week, that water gets chillier than I want to get in pretty fast and takes much longer to warm back up (it's about 50,000 gallons of water-big pool), so I'm ready to be done with it this season as leaves start getting in it too. Nice of those ladies to donate so much for the soldiers, you as well. Funny pic of cooking pizza on the iron, lol.

I did get all my phone calls made, a load of laundry done, a small flower bed in the front yard cleared out, vacuumed, and washed the kitchen floor, spent time on the computer finishing filing my pension info just before the deadline they had set for me (whew), and made reservations for a few nights next week--hubby and I are going to get away for just a couple days, at last. Had 2-3 other things I wanted to get done today but ran out of steam or ambition, not sure which. Anyway, hope everyone has a great evening. Waves!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Susan, happy birthday to your DH.

Welcome to the thread Sue.

I received my olive green suede boots that I ordered from Shoebuy over the weekend.  I wish I could find a gif of Herman Munster laughing, clapping his hands while saying oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I thought they looked nice on the website - they look even better on my feet!  I was wearing a pair of navy ankle pants when I put them on - wow olive looks nice with navy.

I am so over the moon about these boots I can't stand myself (rofl).

Hi birdmama, glad to see your post, I think we were typing at the same time. I am so happy you are loving the boots. I would like to see you laughing, clapping and saying oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Hope you really enjoy. I think olive and navy look great together.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, let me write a proper post (face is pink)

Snicks, I'm glad you stayed indoors today.  It's 90 and humid here, even now and that's butt ugly weather to me - gahhh.

Marijane - I hope you enjoyed your ball game this afternoon.

Susan - I like meatloaf. 30 people for Labor Day?  That would overwhelm me (lol).

Kathleen - did you an I order the same boots?  I can't remember who else on this thread ordered them too.  I think I use Scotchguard or Kiwi brands.

Welcome Sue - fall is hands down my favorite season, followed by winter.

LindaR - I swear it's open season on law enforcement officers.  It's kind of you to pay your respects.  Nothing sadder than an empty funeral home.  When I was a kid, my parents were caretakers of a funeral home - we lived upstairs.  This was from the time I was 7 through age 14.  There were many times that we had clients who had little family left or the family that was left was terribly old.  Many times, my sister and I would put a dress on and nice shoes and my Ma would make the mourner something to eat and we would sit and listen to them talk about the deceased.  It was important that they knew there loss mattered to us, even if we didn't know them from Adam.

Barbara, I hope you will be back to your peppy self after your infusion.  Do you feel better the same day?  My sister takes a day or 2 before she feels like herself.

Twinny, my weatherman says the front is stalled in Wisconsin but will creep my way in a few days.  I told you to send it straight to Jean (wink).

LindaL, I didn't realize you take bone density medication.  Is it an annual shot or more frequent.  Is there a limit to how long you can take it.  The thought of bone density medication scares me personally, however I don't know many people who've taken it. 

Arlene, ironing is a great stress reducer (ducking as Arlene throws something at me).  LOL

Honored Contributor

Snicks - have fun on your little getaway with DH.

Honored Contributor

Thanks bird, it was like pulling teeth, lol, but I can pull teeth when necessary.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  You need to step away from the lawnmower and he needs a change of scenery.  It will do you both good.  Hope the weather is great where you are going :-)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie,I ordered the same boots,suede  olive from Macy's....should get them tomorrow/Friday..   I have the same spray that I will have to use on them.