Honored Contributor

Shopoholics: One Day At A Time (Wednesday Sept. 2, 2015)

Good morning ladies, hope all are doing well today. Looked to see if the thread had been started, didn't see it, so decided to go ahead and start one.

I just have some general cleaning and a couple phone calls I need to make today, so not too much going on here, going to watch Liz Clairborne on QVC for at least part of the show before I get busy this morning. Not planning any purchases for today. It is back in the mid 90's and humid here, so limited time outdoors for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopoholics: One Day At A Time (Wednesday Sept. 2, 2015)

Good morning Ladies...thanks for starting Snicks.   Sun has come out after a very foggy morning...another hot one predicted  no rain in sight which we really need.  Hope you get all your phone calls made that you want to.

I'm heading out to the store  now to pick up a few things then this afternoon at 3pm the Yanks play their dreaded rivals the Red Sox so will be watching that....before that I hope to get some laundry done.     Hope everyone is feeling well.  Have a nice day, Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Snicks - Thank you for starting us today, I am taping the Liz show, took DH out for breakfast for  his birthday.  Supper will be his favorite meal - Meatloaf.   We are suposed to get in the high 80's today, you can feel the humidity out there.  I won't have a good hair day until fall.

Marijane - Hope you get the laundry done before the big game.   Sounds like you enjoy your basesball.  Hope your team wins.

Jean - Have a good day at work.

I need tonget some ironing done here, I just haven't felt the love yet.   Today is DH's birthday, so I bought him a strawberry pie for dessert, he loves that over cake and I do not bake pies.  So it was Eat'n Park tonthe rescue.  Well, I do need to get moving, hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!  I just can't get going today.  Need to get my shower and go walking somewhere.  I got my boots yesterday and for some reason I'm not quite sold.  The little voice inside is telling me to return them but I don't know - they are suede and I'm not a fan of suede ever since I was 16yo and my boyfriend stomped on a mayo packet - you can guess where it ended up for the rest of the life of those boots. 

Someone mentioned suede protector - is it a specific brand you like?

Not much happening here. Woke up to rain but the sun is out and hot now.

Occasional Contributor

Good morning ladies,

im new to this forum and pleased to find a community where the women seem to genuinely care about each other and where you all love QVC! It sounds like you all live where the heat and humidity are winning the September weather battle. I'm a fall person.love the air when it gets a little crisp and I can wear my favorite piece of clothing..sweaters. Not happening here for a while..we have the heat and humidity too.

i hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

She: welcome. We love having new ladies. Yes we genuinely care about each other. Some of us have had the pleasure to meet in person. Rock Chick (Kathleen) and I live in close proximity!

Our church ladies group had an event last night. We met at a restaurant. Another lady and I lived close so we decorated. Many other ladies rode the chuch bus. Lots of fellowship and laughter.

Oh my goodness. So many lad enforcement deaths. What a tough job they do.

Learned that a lady I worked with lost her MIL. Services on Saturday. Even though I didn't know her I plan to attend the services.
Respected Contributor

Darn autocorrect. SUE welcome
Respected Contributor

Good morning. I am leaving in a bit to get my infusion... Will be moving much better afterwards even though I will have a couple of days of feeling yucky,

lots is of heat and humidity here but it will be cooler nextvweek. Did and sydnie went to her open house in a non air conditioned building last night and they did not stay for vry long because it was so hot.

no shopping on the horizon. As I have said before, I have way too much...feel better after the multiple closet purges, however. I am going to shop my closet for the next year.,I love my as home because it is very minimalist with only essentials.

i hope everyone has a great day. Welcome Sue. 

(((((((Hugs))))))

Trusted Contributor

Welcome Sue2, please stop by often.  I am also a fall person, love to wear my boots and jackets.

LindaR -Sorry to hear about you friends's MIL, it is nice that you are going to the service.

I did get my ironing done, so I have done my one constructive thing today, I try to do one constructive thing a day ,it makes me feel like I accomplished something.  I know, weird, but it works.  I need to do some cleaning around the house, we are having 30 people for our Labor Day party, but it will wait a few days I hate to clean now and have to do it again in a couple days somit looks clean when everyone comes on Sunday. 

Well off for some caffeine and thinking about what to do next.  Have a good morning everyone.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara hope you do not feel too yucky till your infusion kicks in.

Welcome Sue2....we are a nice group of ladies here,hope you stick with us.

What a nice thing to do LindaR to attend the service.....I am sure the lady who you know will appreciate it very much.

Happy Birthday to your DH Susan....my DH is the 10th.     iron? What's that?  I hate to admit it but I still have the same  iron board I received as a bridal shower present 48 yrs ago.....looks like new too!

Ran out to the store and boy is the humidity sky high today!

We had a cord of wood delivered dumped in our driveway earlier.  kids don't know it but that's what they will be doing this weekend if any venture up here ....they wanna eat...they can stack  wood!!     one of my DS's and DH has been splitting wood all summer from the trees that came  down  past several months   but that will not be aged till the following winter to use  and we had run out of aged wood to use  this winter so had to buy more.