Honored Contributor

Shopoholics: One Day At A Time (Saturday, August 8, 2015)

Good morning ladies, didn't see a thread started, so thought I would start one before I head outdoors. Going to be hot here later on today, in the 90's with humidity. I have been watching AM Style this morning but not having any urge to make any purchases. The TSV looks like it will bag out, to me anyway. I used to like D&C How Fitting jeans but they were discontinued with nothing since that I care for by way of jeans. Spent the night in the recliner again last night from about midnight on, the dog came with me...ugh, I tried to talk her into going back to the bed, but she stuck with me. Anyway, with that being said, I am tired again today, will be glad when this cough is completely gone, again. I don't have a lot planned for today, going to take it easy once I do a couple outdoor things this morning. Hoping everyone has a great weekend.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics: One Day At A Time (Saturday, August 8, 2015)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Snicks.  I was going to cut the grass today and woke up to see that it rained (bummer).  I have Monday off so I'm sure I'll still be able to get the grass done this weekend.  I'm going over to Home Depot to buy some new LED shop lights.  The basement lighting is getting a make over today.  I dread removing some of the ceiling tiles of the dropped ceiling in the largest room because I know I will be cussing when I try to get the tiles back in (lol).

I can't imagine accommodating a dog in a recliner :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope that you get rid of that cough soon. I took a look at the TSV but haven't taken the leap. I  had switched over to wearing the QF jeans that have no adornment other than the little heart on the top of the right pocket. They wear so well and are very comfortable.

Bernie--Good luck on your shopping today. I find those home improvement stores dangerous as I can always find something not on my list. I am having great luck with an unplanned purchase when I was in Lowes in June. The lucky bamboo is doing very well. i don't even remember why I was in Lowes.

I really don't have much to share as I don't do many exciting things lately. I was up at 6am thanks to my black furry alarm clock. I did note Charlene's comment about the 2000 pictures. I love taking pictures when on a trip and sometimes often take shots from different perspectives, etc. The problem is choosing which to share so i usually don't share many. i have all my trips of the past two years on one card which I plan to use in one of those photo viewer that rotates all the images. I also prefer the phots in an album as opposed to online as i like to sit and leaf through albums without being tied to a computer, etc.

Walmart.png

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started snicks.  I know that I'm used to Arizona, but I was feeling a little chilly this morning.  LOL  Good idea to get out before it gets too hot there.  I think it is only supposed to make it into the 80's today. 

I might be tempted by the TSV except for the last D&Co. pants TSV I ordered went back.   I didn't care for the fit.  I think the wisest idea for me is to purchase pants and jeans somewhere that I can try them on.  I don't need new pants at this point, but I'm afraid the power of suggestion still gets me sometimes.

Very sorry your cough is still bothering you, and you didn't get much sleep in the recliner.  I saw on FB that Kathleen didn't sleep well either.

The kids are busy sleeping in today, so it is very quiet around here.  DD did make a couple of the boys bring in the groceries we picked up, but they went back to bed.  I talked to DH, and he seems to be doing well.  His son took him to a garden we love yesterday, and he enjoyed it.

My SIL and nephew's wife will be picking up at 11:00 so I have plenty of time to get ready.  I may go for a short walk before they come, or I might just wait until after I return. I purchased a Wal-Mart gift card for the baby -- what a drag -- they had very, very few gift cards out.  Apparently, new stock was just coming in.  I'm not crazy about the one I bought, but it will have to do.  Can't wait to meet James.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Bernie, Charlene (Happy Birthday to your Mom, it is my oldest nephew's birthday today), Rosa, Barbara, Susan, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA - wow, you are certainly ambitious, Bernie.  I can't imagine doing anything with lighting other than changing light bulbs.  Hope it isn't too messy a job.

Hi Jean -- glad you enjoyed the movie yesterday.  I know Mission Impossible has received good ratings.   Have fun with all those photos.   I have really gotten into making photo albums on-line and having them printed.  Scrapbooking was nice, but took up way too much time when I did it.  I still have tons of photos from years ago, and I need to do something with them.  Later, later....

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends! DH and I are out last night and i think i had too much sis and could NOT get too sleep! I can't imagine the dog in the recliner with me either. Glad today is Saturday. Bernie have fun with the lights. I can't imagine doing that - i am so not a diy-er with the house. Its a mobile home do everything here is "special".
Honored Contributor

Jean - Home Depot is more of a threat to me than any clothing or shoe store.  I'm trying to make a list and I keep telling myself, just stick to it Bernie.  Home Depot's website gives you the option to shop sitewide or plug in your zip code to see if your local store has what you want.  If it's at the local store, they give you the aisle/bay number so you can find it.  I'm actually jotting down the aisle number so that I won't wander.  I doubt this strategy will work for me because I get into Home Depot and feel euphoria - like a kid stepping into the now defunct FAO Schwartz. 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am so happy that you are enjoying your visit with family and that DH is doing well and enjoying his family also. I saw this review of the TSV in another thread "TSV Sizing." Pink Dogwood said:

I already received my antique blue jeans on Thursday and wore them all day yesterday.  After walking, sitting, doing this & that all day that any of us typically do, my jeans did not at all stretch out in any area.  After sitting for periods of time, they did not bag out in the knees either.  The fabric is anot really like typical denim as we know it.  It's a lighter weight, a woven fabric because it's black on the inside.  I was surprised at this when I rolled/cuffed the bottom of them because I love to do this to be more causal sometimes.  I thought this odd at first but I also thought later that if I work black shoes and wore the right top, this would look fine to me. 

I love these new jeans, I ordered 2 pr of the colored ones and I also bought a 2nd pr of this light antique blue - love this color as a change from the dark denim which I have tons of as well black.  BTW - I bought size 6 regular in all of the ones I got and they fit perfectly in every way.  I'm 5'4" 127 lbs.

Bernie--I do a similar thing with Lowes. The city has two Lowes and one Home Depot. I really prefer the newer Lowes. I can be like a kid in a candy factory in that newer one as the variety is fabulous and customer support is always available to help but not clingy if you just want to window shop.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Glad you found a laptop with a reasonable price. i had an Asus netbook once and it worked well. i think the TSV tomorrow is an HP laptop and printer combo.

Kathleen--I used to be good at some DIY but now with the dififculty in moving at times, I just face the higher bill of having someone else do it. I do hope you get some sleep tonight.

i entered yesterday's expenditures on the budget spreadsheet, so I am up-to-date in that area. It has been a long day with my getting up early, so now it is time to head to bed and the Kindle e-reader. After that, I will do some more around the house. So far, no purchases today.

Honored Contributor

Hi Jasica :-)

Once I posted this morning, I turned off the computer, avoided the TV (lol), got dressed (code for put a bra on) and made sure I measured the existing shop lights and then headed off to Home Depot.  Boy did I have a good time and I didn't even cover the entire store.  I picked up the two shoplights and then looked at hose nozzles.  I then looked at exterior light fixtures as I replaced the one by my front door 2 years ago (went from Colonial to Arts and Crafts/Mission).  I want to replace the light fixture on the side of the house.  I rarely turn that one on, but feel the 'theme' should match.  I thought I'd go for a smaller Arts and Crafts/Mission style.  Nothing moved me.  I might end up putting another big one (like the front porch) because that one has an outlet built into the base and that helps alot at Christmas when I string a few lights.  I'll think about it more before I plunk down another $60.

My motto for Home Depot is not stop and smell the flowers.  It's stop and smell the lumber (lol) so I cruised the lumberyard area and just enjoyed the fragrance.

Me, the dropped ceiling and the existing shoplights fought a little, but I prevailed.  Boy, the new LED shoplights have the long bulb and shield/cover built in.  They are so lighweight, unlike the old ones that made me say Janey Mack!! more than once.  I couldn't believe how bright one LED light  is compared to a 2 fluorescent bulb light.  I had one old and one new on so I could see the difference.

I think I will end up replacing the other two shoplights in the basement.  I'll wait for the fluorescent bulbs to start buzzing and flcikering and when that happens, out they go.

After all that was done, I made a trip to the recycling center and got rid of stuff then grabbed and pizza and headed home to watch the 3 pm Denim & Co show. 

I'm tired (rofl)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jasica---Welcome and have a good day!

Bernie--You definitely have a great relationship with Home Depot.  i know you've seen the Bliss Lights projectors. There is a competitor having a TSV on them on August 14. The projectors come in a variety of colors, including Christmas multi. A set of 2 is $27.20.