Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Wednesday 6/1/2016

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started snicks.  Hope your DH's ultrasound goes okay.  

Have a great trip, Jean.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, twinny.  God bless his family and friends.  Seems like you have had so many losses lately.  I'm glad you are a woman of faith.

That's quite a donation, Charlene.  I have not changed sizes in ages (more than 25 years), so I don't usually have that excuse for donating things.  But, I did get my donations to the thrift shop today.  Now to sort through more "stuff".   Very sorry your DD didn't receive her flowers and her birthday wasn't very nice.  

Waves to Marijane, Bernie, and all of our posters and readers.

I need to leave soon to meet my friend for lunch.  If I have the chance, I will post later.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Bernie it is a coral suede ......would look nice with your olive top and shrug!,

Honored Contributor

@Gennygirl   did you have to say that?!  

Now I want a pair of coral suede shoes/sandals/shabooties, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

just want to be helpful Bernie......LOL.

Honored Contributor

Your girls are cracking me up. Lol
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, so much for cutting the grass today. When I went out to feed the dogs it was hot, bright, and sunny, but now I'm hearing thunder and dark clouds are rolling in fast. I can't say I'm disappointed!  Cat LOL  I do have homework, however. One thing about my current studies - I know now that I really wouldn't want to go back to the cut-throat world of Wall Street. I really enjoyed it while I was there - I suspect the co-workers I had who were like family had a lot to do with it - but that's behind me.  I decided I'd rather spend my time doing creative things - writing, baking, crafts, knitting, crochet, sewing...

The Seresto collar is working wonderfully on both Autumn and Whisper; a large size dog collar was big enough that after I trimmed it for Autumn, there was enough left over to make a collar for Whisper. Both Ziggy and Svetlana also have a bad flea probem, so I just ordered another one. Since all sizes are the same price I got another large dog one, which I'll cut in two.  The other critters are fine with "regular" flea products; I guess some are more susceptibe than others.

I did take the dogs for a drive last night; it was still 90° at 9 p.m.!  I did my return, browsed a bit, got them some ice cream, and we came back home. I know, I know...you all envy my exciting life!  Cat Wink

Gosh, Charlene - that's awful that Telefora screwed up! Cat Mad They should resend the flowers and give you a full credit.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Twinny.  Oh, I so look forward to seeing some precious friends who have died again one day!  One is an eldery woman I met when I lived in Hawaii and we kept in touch; she was like a mom to me, and I could always call her when I had a problem. I really miss her.

LindaL, I'm glad you get to have some "me" time. Enjoy your lunch.

Well, the storm is coming in fast - I'd better get off the laptop.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Hope you have an enjoyable, safe trip, Jean.

Honored Contributor

Boy I am sorry for everyone in 90 degree weather, especially if humidity comes with it.  It was cool enough for me to put a hoodie on when I went to place the garbage to the curb this morning - mid 50's.  I guess I don't mind layering clothes.  When it gets too hot, one can only get so nekkid, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  It's a very wet day here, and overcast but I'm ok with that because it was 98 yesterday and I think I must be having hot flashes, was way toooooo hot yesterday for me.

I did venture out to Bath and Body.  I had bought one of those metal candle holders that is the (what's the word) pedestal shape and anchors around it and put it on the mantle.  DH loved it so much he told me I should get another for the other end of the mantle. Say no more!  Smiley Very Happy  Semi annual sale starts within a week so I didn't buy anything else.

Not much else happening. I bought items for a Sailor who is having issues with not being able to get to the mess hall when it's open because of scheduling - or something.  It was a plea for prayers and I offered to send a food package.  I thought I would spend more $ but only $20 and another $18 to send it so I stuck a few $$ in the package too and will mail it tomorrow.  I've got a small pkg with bubbles and snacks for DD.

I have burger so I'm going to make us burgers for dinner.

Trusted Contributor

KAthleen don't ya just love it when DH says he likes something and you should get more??? I'm out the door in a flash!

Esteemed Contributor

Nice that your DH suggested you buy more, Kathleen.  I'm sure it is lovely and meaningful..  

Coral suede sounds so nice.  Unfortunately, not much use for suede out here in the desert.

It is hot here (96 when I brought DH home from the "club", but as they say "dry heat"  -- that makes a difference for me since hot and humid can really knock me down. 

Will you continue pursuing this degree, Arlene?  Maybe you can use it for some other purpose than "Wall Street" sort of financial work.  I put quotes around that since I'm not sure what I'm talking about.  LOL  DH has his MBA, but he was an energy economist.  So, I know that the degree does not automatically end up in a financial institution or whatever.  

Lunch was very nice, and my friend even treated me which was very kind.  She and her husband are  leaving soon to spend the summer in California with their older daughter.

I had a call from the hospice volunteer coordinator, and she has arranged for a volunteer to sit with DH this Saturday morning for a couple of hours.  I'm very happy, and really hope it works out for all concerned.  I may start going to the gym on Saturday rather than Sunday, but I'm not sure.

Sleep well  everyone!

Linda