Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Wednesday 3/9/16

153644-Trying-To-Get-Over-Wednesday.jpg

Hi all, didn't see a thread, so started one. I got nothing today. Liked this photo though, lol.

Hope all are well. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Wednesday 3/9/16

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Snicks - Thank you for starting us today.  Like the picture, some days you just feel like that.

Not much going on here today, I was looking thru the freezer downstairs and found 3 packages of toll house cookies to bake.  They expired last month, if it would have been veggies, I probably would have thrown them out, but not cookies, so I had over 60 cookies to bake.  Well, they are baked and put in to 5 smaller containers and put in the freezer.  If I had left all the cookies out, I would have eaten them in a couple days.  So this way there are only 10 cookies out at a time. I have no control with chocolate chip cookies.

No TSV for me today, I do lilke that mixer but I have a Kitchen Aide hand mixer and it works well for me.  I have to space in my kitchen for the big mixer, and I refuse to carry it to the basement everytime I am done with it.  In my dream kitchen there would be space in the pantry for it. 

Well need to get moving, need to take dog for her walk.  We are have a beautiful day here, almost 70 degrees out.  We do have rain on the way tonight and tomorrow,  but I will take that over real winter weather.

Well off to walk the dog, have a good afternoon everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hello, not much going on here.  Just working and imagining how nice it must feel outside at 60 degrees, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

153644-Trying-To-Get-Over-Wednesday.jpg

Hi all, didn't see a thread, so started one. I got nothing today. Liked this photo though, lol.

Hope all are well. Waves....

@Snicks1****Thanks for the smile!  Puppies are to hug...hug...hug...hug...

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, well I got one side of the kitchen cleaned, top to bottom, Spring cleaning in spurts, dishwasher is running, grated 3# romano cheese (in the fridge forever) finally, used that Bio Cleaner & really like it my ss sink is sparkling, used it on the countertop also.

My tsv air fryer arrived yesterday, opened it up, washed it out, so don't know what I'll try first, but no tonite, taco's are on the menu.

Warm out but a lite drizzle, but got the yard picked up.

So that's it, hope you all have a great rest of the day

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started snicks -- cute picture.

Hope you enjoyed the walk, Susan.  I am pretty good about not gobbling up cookies, etc.  But, something about the smell right after you take them out of the oven that is hard to resist.  Good idea to freeze some for later.  

I already have an expensive KA mixer like the TSV.  I got it years ago when I had a larger kitchen and more space.  Now it is stuck out in the small laundry area, and I have to drag it into the kitchen if I want to use it.  I'm too lazy to do that often, and I do feel guilty.  It was a gift from my ex, so I guess I don't feel mega guilty.  LOL

Hi Bernie -- hope it is still nice when you leave work.

Waves to Gayle, Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, spix, Marijane, LindaR, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

DH is at the club today.  He didn't sleep well at all last night which kept me up, so I'm dragging.  Hopefully, he is doing okay.  After I dropped him off, I took a nice walk, and then I had a very interesting class -- this is the one about trips/travel.  After class, I went to the "farmer's market" -- very few "farm" sorts of things and very pricey for those they have.  But, I went for a famous Sonoran Hot Dog -- they are specialty hot dogs (loaded with toppings) from this area.  Another thing to feel guilty about, but was that hot dog delicious or what?  I did bring it home and had some carrots, etc. with it rather than the normal chips and soda.  

It is nice here -- much warmer than yesterday -- probably in the low 70's and sunny.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's an absolutely beautiful day out - almost 80°. I have no place special to go - I don't need a single thing from any store - so maybe I'll just take the dogs for a drive.

I had a nice late lunch/early dinner with my friend yesterday.  Cheddar's has cut their menu back substantially, but the waiter told us that if there was anything on the old menu that we wanted, they could make it for us.  I was there primarily for a Painkiller, and was happy with my mixed appetizer plate, which had so much food I couldn't possibly eat it all....I don't know how they consider it just an appetizer. There were a bunch of loaded nachos, 3 large chicken strips, and several stuffed potato skins.

Spix, I need to get to cleaning as well. It seems to be overwhelming, but I took a few minutes to try and figure out how long it would actually take to do everything I have to, and it's really not all that bad; I'll do as you did, and break it up into manageable chunks. I guess the worst part is scrubbing baseboards and door where the kitties have made a mess.

I got some more tops into the bag for the missions closet; I might go through another drawer or two later as I'm sure I can find more.

Nothing else going on here either - I guess I'd better get dressed and get moving. I have an exam I might get to later - I find them quite easy - and I do have to scrub the litterboxes - ugh!  It wouldn't be so bad if all the litter companies didn't change the formula so that it's like cement when it gets wet - I have to really dig at it to loosen it up and get it out.

Have a blessed day, everyone!