Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Wednesday 10/19/2016

Hi all, didn't see a thread.

I did read the thread yesterday evening.

On Monday I had appointments in the nearby city, did some shopping in between them. I arranged it that way, knew when I finished my last apptmt., that i would be ready to go home, so it worked out well this way. Also had some errands I had to do along the way. No fashion shopping this time, Christmas decor shopping at Hobby Lobby, and Pier One. Popped into Target also, picked up socks and undergarments there.

Yesterday, it actually started on Monday, I had what I thought was an infection in my gums, so I felt pretty bad all day, brushing my teeth was very painful, lol. I rinsed my mouth out with perioxide several times, it was still very tender this morning so I did the same process, plus took several ibuprofen and I'm feeling much better, my face is no longer swollen on that side and I can touch my teeth together. Don't think I will be doing any chewing on that side yet, but, it's getting better.

Today I burned more limbs that fell during our very windy Monday, drug more out of the woods along the side of my yard to add to the pile, did laundry, put some things in the shed for over the winter put a beef roast in to cook, etc., just piddling around. I am so glad to feel better, lol.

What are all of you up to?

Hope everyone is having a good day. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Wednesday 10/19/2016

Like minds @Snicks1.

I think our posts landed at the same time.  I deleted mine.

Happy Hump Day everyone,

It's kind of hectic at work for me today (not complaining).  Thought I would let you know that splitting the money due to my credit cards did the job for my Fico.  Bumped it up from 833 to 841.  Knowing that I can manipulate the FICO that easily makes me respect it less now, rofl.

Gotta go back to work.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I read your posts late last night.  

This is what we are up to.  We left home yesterday morning around 9:00 a. m.  It was a beautiful back roads drive heading to the central part of WI.  We took the Merrimac ferry & the scenery was spectacular.  Then we got on the interstate heading for lunch.  As we exited & were waiting for oncoming traffic, we were rear ended.  Not bad, but not happy as our last accident was about 40 years ago.  That time a semi clipped us.

No Injuries & just a dented back bumper.  The guy that hit us was on a business trip with another fellow.  He called his insurance company & got all of the pertinent information so we will be heading to our dealership tomorrow on our way home.  He claims that he was watching traffic to the left of us, but we were in the right hand lane.  I think that he was using his cell phone.  After traveling over 10,000 miles in the last 6 months with no incidents, we were only about 200 miles from home.

We are at a nice motel & just enjoyed the hot tub & pool. Dinner tonight will be at the Texas Roadhouse--we can walk there.  lol.  We are at Rib Mountain which is absolutely gorgeous.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Image result for wednesday images and quotes

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. It sounds as if you have been having a dental challenge but are winning. Glad you are feeling better.

Bernie--Glad work is going well for you as well as the FICO scoring. I get my Transunion FICO score on Bank of America and Experian on my American Express. Locally, however, Equifax is the credit bureau most often used.

Twinny--I am so sorry that your trip was ruined by the accident. Hopefully, the rest of the trip will go well. It sounds as if you have been enjoying some beautiful scenery.

meallen--Passing "go" and going straight to Friday would work well for me right now.

I worked again today but I could easily have stayed home.  The bed felt so good when the alarm went off. I am so tired right now as I was tired before going to work which was a challenging day. I work tomorrow and Friday, I have physical therapy again. So far, I haven't minded driving that distance for PT but time will tell. It would have been more convenient to have done it locally but reduction in staff and case load make it impossible at this point in time.

The local overpriced supermarket has had bare shelves for a couple of weeks. The owner of it and other supermarkets just announced that changes were being made with supplier, etc. and that the supermarket may change its franchise, or even possibly close. That has happened in another county where its only supermarket was closed with residents having to go an hour to another supermarket or buy from the Dollar Store.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Snicks.  Sounds like you have been accomplishing quite a bit.  Hope your self-treatment works, and your mouth will be fine soon.

Hi Bernie -- interesting about your FICO score.  Hope your work day went well, if a bit hectic.

So sorry to hear about your accident, twinny.  Thank goodness neither you or your DH were injured, but I know it is a hassle to have the repairs done, and made your nice get-away a little less fun.  Glad you are in a nice place tonight.

Funny graphic, meallen.  Friday and the weekend no longer means so much to me since I am retired.  

Sorry you aren't feeling that great, Jean.  That is something about the only grocery store in town.  I know it is overpriced, etc., but it would be a shame to have nowhere to shop locally but a dollar store.

Waves to Kathleen (on your way). Arlene, Charlene, Essie, 3suwm5, Marijane, Susan, Karen, Gayle, Barbara, Rosa, butterfly, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

When I visited DH yesterday afternoon, he was very anxious, and apparently had been calling for me all day.  Needless to say, I was concerned.  He also had some bathroom issues.  I had gone to visit him right after going to the gym, but came home and changed and went back again.  He was better the second time.  

I was so concerned that I stopped by the facility this morning when I took my walk.  He had a major accident during the night (bathroom stuff), and the poor caregiver had to change him, all his linens, mop the floor, etc.  But, he seemed much better.  I fed him his breakfast (pancakes, sausage and eggs), and then the hospice caregiver gave him his shower.  It was late when I got home and had breakfast, and then I went back to feed him lunch.  He seemed much better, but was coughing a little.  I'm trying not to be a helicopter wife, but it is not easy.  I went to the store and I'll be going back to feed him dinner later.  

With all this back and forth, I have not achieved much at home, but I did change out my sun-blocking curtains for the sheers.  Also contacted the bank to figure out their new system for transferring money.  That was a complicated issue, but I think it will work now.  I transfer money every month from that bank to my SIL (paying for her car), and DD (helping a little with her mortgage), and the bank had changed their transfer system.

Need to finish a book (British mystery) for tomorrow's class, which should be possible.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda