Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Wed 1/27/2016

Good morning ladies, didn't see a thread started yet so here we go.

Still cold here, but supposed to warm up today. Hope that happens. Not much going on, online browsing for a dress still going on. Haven't settled on one yet.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO @twinny70, hope you have a great day.

ballon birthday wishes.gif

Waves to all.............

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Wed 1/27/2016

Thanks for getting us started today @Snicks1

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Enjoy your day! Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. I didn't see one posted, so I began one of my long-winded ones. I do hope you find the perfect dress!

Twinny--Happy Birthday! I don't have a pretty card easily available to post like Snicks and Bernie so I will let theirs be the perfect greeting.

This is what I had prepared to post:

Good morning, shopping friends. I don't need the TSV as I got an earlier version of this. I just need to get it out of all the stuff I took out of the old car and put it in the new one.

This is a black ice day as the melt froze overnight and many of the roads are slick from the ice melt which drained across the roads and froze. School is finally back in session but on a delay. Thanks to Jonas, the Spring break is likely gone now.

I ordered the Denim & Co. 3/4 sleeve jacket in royal blue as I love that color. Having thought about it, I decided that I could still do well without it as I have it in aqua, fuschia and white. If the "color" had been in black or khaki, I might have gone ahead with the order. As it was, I cancelled. If I had not seen it presented, I likely would not have considered ordering. This shows the power of visual suggestions. Isn't that one reason they tell people who shop too often to stay out of stores? They won't be tempted by the displays, even the displays in the aisles of supermarkets.

I will be going to the urologist tomorrow for the follow up on the bladder cancer and possible scheduling of another test. Since I wasn't working today and had a job for tomorrow, I called to see if I could come in today as the appointment doesn't take long. The urologist is in surgery today and will be gone next week, so I kept the appointment despite the loss of money from a job I can't do tomorrow.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Did anyone know Peter Thomas Roth did jewelry?  I saw some new arrivals and had to recheck the name.  Yea, it't the same skin care guy, apparently his parents were jewelers.  Nice pieces but a little pricey for my budget.

I'm keeping my eye out on the new JCP arrivals as spring will be here before you know it and I won't be able to wear my cords.  That makes me sad because I have almost a dozen pair that I rotate for work.

They got rid of my east fifth hollywood waist pants a few years ago - wow, that was my style for ages - the waist was smooth under any kind of top.

These days, I am a bit more casual at work so I'm hoping St Johns Bay or ANA has some style that'll work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I had no idea that PTR did jewelry. Learn something new each day. I do hope you find the perfect pants in the JCP Spring arrivals.

I just entered the "not available" days in the sub system so they wouldn't call me tomorrow or next Tuesday.

I received my insurance gadget to install in the car to measure my driving habits and hopefully earn a percentage off of my rates beyond the other discounts I'm getting. One of the factors it measures are the number of miles. This will definitely put a hold on unnecessary trips to the city until May 24 at which time I mail the device back. I can see the results for each day, week and month on the website for miles, night driving, idling, and fast acceleration and hard braking. I am a sucker for gadgets as well as trying to cut expenses when possible.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Jean, I think State Farm offered me that gadget and I declined.  I wouldn't call myself an aggressive driver or anything, but I just got a gut feeling that installing that gadget would hurt my case more than help it, rofl.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, Happy Birthday to Twinny, I hope you have a great day and coming year!  

Jean  too bad you couldn't get an apt for today and not have to miss a day's work tomorrow.  We are also having a snow melt days and refreezing over nights, so a lot of black  ice on tne roads too in the mornings.

Bernie hope you get to wear all your cords before spring comes! I did not know that PT Roth also has jewelry wither, will check it out,not that I need any.

Not much else here, yesterday I had my hair cut ,colored....those 4 weeks come around fast....I figure I have 2 more appointments before spring arrives here.....not a bad way to look at it!

Have a nice day everyone and again Happy Birthday Twinny!       Marijane

Respected Contributor

Morning All, Love the B-Day posts, I'm not that creative but I sure enjoy what others can do.

Kind of dreary here but not too cold 30ish, getting ready to head out the door for lunch with old friends, a place in the burbs I've never been to so I have to set out early to leave time for getting lost.  Wearing an orange blazer type jacket, but shorter, still had the tags on, forgot I had it, goes well with my chocolate cords, should teach me a lesson, don't need any more clothes!

Have a good day

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Several insurance companies offer that gadget. I'm a safe driver officially recognized as such and have some discounts but I wanted to see what this would do. I'm at the 10% discount level right now after using it and activating it. You know how they always tell you to combine trips whenever possible to purchase items or do all purchases in same location to save money on gas? This critter will force that. It is about 3 miles from the doctor's office tomorrow to another section of the city where the best WalMart is located. That would add 6 miles if I went there. I could stop at the Walmart on the other end of the city near the way I go home and save miles.

Marijane--Yea for haircuts and color!! Yes that time comes around quickly. Sometimes I think the hair stylist puts Miracle Gro on the hair so it will result in more frequent cuts, etc. Oh, Spring! How you are loved!!!