Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Tuesday 6/21/16

Good morning ladies, didn't see a thread yet.

Hope everyone is doing well today. We are having some thunderstorms this morning, so I am inside. Did not sleep well, but took an early morning nap, lol, already. I am contemplating starting the hated dusting chore, but flipped on D&C show, seeing models I've never seen before, don't know if they have been on Q for a while, or not, as I don't watch much anymore.

Getting a couple great grands' birthday cards along with gift cards in this mornings mail, and starting a grocery shopping list (unfortunately I think it's going to be a long list), for tomorrow.

If the rain stops, I think I will have swimmers this afternoon. Not sure how many, but I will visit with them some, and be inside some of the time. It is going to be stupidly hot & humid after this rain.

No news to tell, just thought I would get us started. (smile). Waves to all.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Tuesday 6/21/16

Good morning, thanks for starting.

We are getting rain here, just drizzle but constant.

Nothing much going on here.

Finished up a 6 week session of my full body cardio class, I enjoy it but it does take up 2 evenings a week.  We don't start back till July 11,I am going to use that time to walk and get some chore done around the house...any way that is my story!

Not too busy here so far.

I hope that everyone is well, my bosses Father is in Wake Forest with Cardiac problems, he needs a pace maker but is battling an infection so they can't do anything till the infection is gone.  He has many health issues, but is a trooper and takes this all in stride.  Is always pleasant.  A good example.

Nothing really going on right now, but as they say "no news is good news"

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, and thanks for getting us started, snicks.  Good luck with getting things done, and enjoy visiting with the swimmers if the weather cooperates.

Hi Rosa -- nice to see you posting.  We could use some rain here, but I don't think any rain is predicted at least in the next week or so.  It continues to be very hot and dry here.  They are warning people not to go outside since it is very hot, particularly if you are hiking or working outdoors.  Good idea to take a break from that full body cardio class.  Hope your bosses' Dad is better soon.

I went for an early morning walk this morning (short), since it will just be too hot after I drop DH off at the "club".

DH did better last night -- not up as much, and I think he is better this morning.  I don't think his feet are swollen, and he is better at getting up and down and walking.  One day at a time.

My SIL, youngest DGS, and now DGD are sick -- I don't know what my DGD has, but the other two have sinus and ear infections, plus strep throat.  Not fun.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene (glad to see you posting), twinny (enjoy your vacation), Bernie (hope no more "situations" at work today), Essie, Marijane, Susan, Charlene, butterfly, pinky ann, Barbara, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good morning all!

Nice here this morning, about mid-70's, so far.  Will be hot today in the 90's.

Had to hurry this morning, which I hate to do, but the cable folks are coming to check on our phone line.  It's been out off and on for 2 months.  Thought it was related to road construction, but not sure anymore.  It was out on Sunday and disconnected our phone call with our boys.  Decided to give cable company a call and set up an appointment.

Just regular things today.  Wanted to get to the grocery store, but not sure how long repairs will take.  I hate to be hurried at the store because I come home with just part of what I need for the next week, grrrrr.  Guess I'll wait and see how it goes.

I'm down to the last month of easypays on my account.  I can't wait for that list to disappear.  Will celebrate on Friday with a glass of wine, yahoo!!  It will be an accomplishment for me.

Working hard to keep my fingers off the purchase button....

Have a good day!!

Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies...welcome gcubed......nice to see new posters....come back anytime.

We had storms this morning too...a lot of lightning...but not much rain,which we could use too.  I t has gotten hot and humid now...so looks like a floating afternoon for me.  ENjoy your pool Snicks with your guests!

Glad your DH is better  today LindaL

Twimy have a nice few days at the beach....hope your foot feels better.

Not much going on here..guess that's a good thing,

Nice to see you posting again Arlene.

Have a nice day everyone........Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Snicks -  Thank you for starting us today, sorry you did not sleep well last night.  Glad you got a nap in this morning.  I also don't watch as much as I used to, I can't tell you who is a model on the Q anymore.

Rosa - Sorry about the yucky weather, also sorry to hear about your bosses father, gladntonhear he is in pretty good spirits.

Linda -  Glad to hear DH slept better last night, but, sorry to hear DD's family is not feeling well.  Hopefully, this will not last long.   Good job on your decluttering, I am still working on mine.  Hope you get some much needed rain there, we a little this morning, but it wasn't much.

gcubed -  Good to "see" you, please stop by often.  I also hate being rushed in the mornings, it makes me cranky for the resr of the day.

Marijane -  Enjoy the pool today.

Twinny -  Enjoy your vacation.

Well, need to get moving, I did get my ironing done, but now need to do something else constructive.  There are alot of projects here to do.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hey there, we never got any rain, so I will be sprinkling the front yard when I get home from work today.  The highs for the next couple of days will reach 80 degrees.  It was nice to leave a couple of windows open.  I have a gable fan in my attic and I don't recall hearing it the past couple of days.  I normally leave the switch in the on position and I assume there is a thermostat or something that kicks it on.  I don't have a real attic, just a crawl space and I am not crawling in there, rofl.

Not a bad day at work, just keeping busy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi gals!  I've been holed up inside the house the past 2 days because it got up to 112 degrees.  Good excuse to focus on little projects indoors.  My DS also came home from college for several days so it's been nice spending time with him.  Today my DS and I took my Mom out to lunch and that was nice.

I'm still being pretty good about not shopping too much.  Hope that you're all making wise purchases too.  Stay safe and cool if you're in heatwave country!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. Like you, I may or may not recognize the models depending upon how frequently they model a specific line. I never pay much attention to their names; I just look at the clothing on them quickly and then go back to doing something else. I know the two Marias and that is about it.

Rosa--Congrats upon completing the cardio class. I'm sure you will be able to get some things done around the house before the next session begins.

Linda--I am so glad that DH is doing better; I know that you are happy about this but also know that you are cautioius about the outlook. I am sorry that the strep throat is affecting your SIL and others.

gcubed--Congrats upoon eradicating those epays. Keep up the good work on not using that purchase button. Resistance is not futile.

Marijane--Storms have a nasty habit of a temporary cooling but also adding to the humidity for a sticky feel.

Arlene--Good to see you posting again. The adjustment will take time but you will make it.

Susan--You are our role model for ironing. You keep on top of things. I remember all the time my mother spent on ironing.

Bernie--Your temperatures are comfy. Sorry you didn't get the needed rain but I know you will take care of the lawn.

Charlene--With temps of 112, I think focusing upon indoor tasks is a good idea. Enjoy your time with DS. Good job on controlling the shopping.

I went to the city today for a couple of appointments, visited with a friend, and also had my hair cut and a slightly new color done. I thought it was going to storm at one point, but the storm moved south of us where it caused some electrical outages, downed trees, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.