Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Tuesday 12/6/16

Hi all, no thread started yet, so here goes.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Chilly here again, but the real cold starts tonight/early morning, down in the teens.

All my daily calls to catch a cancellation at the derm finally paid off, I leave shortly for a late afternoon apptmt. Yea, I can get this over.

Just been doing minor household tasks today.

I'll read the posts later tonight.

Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Tuesday 12/6/16

Hi ladies,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/438045501231272781/

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Snicks -  Thank you for starting us today.  Glad you got the appt you wanted. 

Not much going on today, it has been raining since this morning and it is very dreary.  I went to TJ Maxx today, and I was walking around trying to find some Christmas gifts and of course found nothing that I needed.  My heart just is not into shopping for Christmas yet.

Well, off to get a couple things done around the house,  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies -- another cold day here.  The next 2 days will be very cold (below zero, early Wednesday morning temps.) and the following 8 days, not much improvement.Smiley Sad  It is wintertime after all.

Working around the house today.  No plans to go out for a few days, while we experience this extreme cold.  Hopefully, we can run out on Saturday for a bit to get a tree.  Picked up a wreath yesterday, it should stay fresh in the freezing temps.

@Snicks1  Happy you could get in for an appointment today, good luck.  Have a good afternoon.

@meallen616  Funny pic., hope that doesn't happen.  We had an issue with the shipping last year, I don't plan to order anything this year.

@PAlady  I sure would like some rain, but ours would be in the way of the freezing type.  Guess I'll settle for sunshine and cold.  I'm not much into buying Christmas gifts either.  I think maybe next week, I'll get a couple of things at Kohls, if I can find anything I'm looking for.....

Spent a boatload at the grocery store yesterday, didn't shop the week before, so I guess I can live with the bill.  Did get a couple of extra pricey things, so can't be too upset.

Have a wonderful day all, watch those purchases.  My CC is on lockdown for the rest of the week.  Hope you can limit that CC abuse - ha. 

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies...it's been quite a while since I posted, but have been reading every evening to keep up with things.  Also, been following on FB for those who are on there.

I can't beleive it is December...not sure where the year went.  Like many of you, I have been busy with medical stuff.  Nothing terrible just the standard colonoscopy, mammo, bone density, physical, new glasses...I feel like that's all I do lately.  Anyway, not sure who mentioned it, but I have to go back in 5 years this time too for another colonoscopy.  Maybe the protocol has changed...going to have to ask my son on that.

Glad to see Kathleen has made it to her new home...quite the adventure!!!

I have been trying to get some Christmas shopping done, but struggling a bit still.  This will be the second go without my mom or dad and boy do I miss them.  Christmas was my mother's favorite and she went above and beyond to always make it special.  But, I do have my tree up and the house is decorated inside and out...yay me!!!

Friday is my twin's birthday...not sure how they are 30, but that's the milestone.  We are heading to my daughter's favorite restaurant(since she is the oldest - by 1 minute), then having family over on Saturday.  We will go to my son's choice next Monday since he is on call on Sunday...should be fun.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...I need to get back to work!!!

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, back to work for me today :-)  It's raining and gloomy in my neck of the woods.  I'm sure the evening commute will be a real hoot - Michigan drivers can be aggressive and get into trouble when pavement is dry, lol.

There was a thin sheet of ice across my bird bath this morning.  I easily broke it and was able to refresh the water.  I suppose sooner rather than later, I need to roll the hoses on their hosemobiles into the garage.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, snicks.  Glad you were able to get that appointment.  

I sure hope that your graphic doesn't come true for any of us, meallen.  I am not mailing any gifts, so I should not have that problem unless that changes.

Sorry you couldn't find anything you liked at TJMaxx, Susan.  Hope your Christmas shopping enthusiasm will kick in soon.

Sounds like it will be very cold there 3suwm5.  Glad you won't need to go out in the frigid weather.

Nice to see you posting, Karen.  Sorry you are dealing with the loss of your parents this time of the year.  I think the first few years were the most difficult for me, but I can still be sad and missing them after many years. Have a fun time celebrating your twins birthday.  Yes, 30 is a big deal.

Hope your commute home isn't too bad, Bernie.  Also hope work is going okay.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Essie, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, butterfly, Gayle, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I picked up the birthday cake at Safeway yesterday afternoon, and took it in to the senior lunch program today.  They knew my birthday isn't until tomorrow, but sang Happy Birthday to me.  And, a couple of people gave me gifts and cards.  I am not sure there is enough leftover cake for DH's facility, but I may just buy some cupcakes to be sure.  Not taking them in until tomorrow.

There was a lot of commotion there yesterday when I visited DH.  The "new" lady is really out of control -- hitting caregivers, taking things, running around, etc.  I hope they can find some medication to calm her down.

Leaving for the gym now, and then I'll visit with DH.  

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I read all of your posts last night, but was too tired to respond.  It has been a hectic week & it is only Tuesday.

SNICK's, it has been in the 40's & the snow is beautiful.  A little melted, but we got 4" & the trees are beautiful.  It was foggy yesterday & again this morning.  

Sydsgma, I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.  Santa hats sounds so fun.   I hope that your singing goes well too.

SPIX, my dgd is fun to buy for, but her teenage brothers are more difficult.  Last year the 2 youngest grands wanted books from Barnes &  Noble so it was easy.  Our eldest DGS is an avid reader like his mom & dad & has lots of books.

LindaL, it was too bad that you had to have 2 breakfasts.  That was expensive coffee, but a new place is fun once in a while.

Gayle, our weather is cooler & I am so glad.  I love snow & cold weather.  I am having a hard time getting in  Christmas spirit.  Thanksgiving was difficult as it was just the 2 of us for the first time ever.  We downsized & don't have a big tree this year. I purchased a medium sized silver Christmas tree & 2 smaller matching trees.  They are on top of my cabinet in front of the picture window.  They are just beautiful as the sun turns them different colors.

Bird Mama, We got 4" of that beautiful white stuff.  I still need to do Christmas cards.  It is fun to have a catch up day.

We put the mopeds away probably until March.  

I will be back with today's events.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday was hectic.  I did some cleaning & then we picked up our meat after lunch.  My back was aching after getting it all put away & I couldn't get into the hot tub fast enough.  I had bone density test this morning & Dr. follow-up.  All is well.  Need another one in 2 years, & don't have to see my rheumatologist for a whole year.  YEAH.

SNICK's, it won't be cold here until Thursday, but I am so ready for winter.  I am glad that you got an early derm appointment today.

Meallen, cute, but I hope that it doesn't happen to me.

Susan, it was foggy yesterday & this morning, but it is nice & sunny now.  I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.  I need to get going real , but we will be in Madison on Thursday, so there is still hope.

3suwm3, I don't mind cold & snow but dislike the freezing rain.  Groceries are getting more expensive all the time here too.  

Karen, I had a Colonoscopy/Dr. follow-up, lab/& GP 6 month checkup, neurological appointments last month & my bone density test this morning.  I go back in 5 years for my next Colonoscopy, 2 more years before my next bone density test & another full    before I see my neurologist & rheumatologist.  This is my first year without my mom & dad will have been gone 25 years on Sunday.  It has been a difficult year, so I am looking forward to next year.  I didn't k know that you had twins.  We were 1 1/2 hours apart.  WOW!  1 minute apart & 30 is a big deal.  

Bird Mama, I tried to send you some snow.  We goit 4".  According to the old Indian formula, we are only supposed to get 9 snowfalls.  Last year we were supposed to get 38 & only got 8 or 9.  We need it for tourism.  The ski resorts are hurting.

Tomorrow it is senior citizen day at Shopko & I need to do some other shopping.

I am hosting Christmas again this year.  I am the only one not working.  DD had a big Black Friday sale & also cyber Monday.  Plus many events with the 3DC.  

We are going to our other DGS's band concert on Thursday night & staying over as it will be quite late.  It is fun as their house always smells so yummy & I get to try out different soaps, scrubs etc.  I am hoping to do a little shopping on the way up & a little bit more on Friday on our way home.

I am feeling so good right now.  My rheumatologist was so happy with my bone density test, that he  said that I can do anything & eat anything.  Ha.  Ha.  Still on SF diet though.

Dinner is BBQ ribs.

Hugs to all of you.