Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 6/5/2016

Good morning ladies, hope your Sunday morning is good. We are to have a beautiful sunny day with temps in the high 70's...perfect! My main/hardest chore for the day is to get on top the garage/shed and clean the gutters, have some little trees growing there, lol. After that, who knows. Always more to do, depends on my ambition (and if I don't fall off the garage, lol). I am very careful while up there, believe me. So off I go. Hope you all have a great day. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 6/5/2016

Snicks - Becareful on the ladder today, we don't want you to fall off.  Our day is not so beautiful out, rain and yucky weather.  We are going to a hotdog roast for my niece's birthday, have a feeling it will be hotdogs on the grill instead.  Not much going on here today except for the party this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @Snicks1 for the start, & please be careful on the ladder, I know it has to be done but do it safely.

@PAlady have fun & don't eat too many hot dogs, made me want one, maybe for lunch

Today will try to get my bedroom cleaned & organized, it's cool & dreary here so a good day to work inside.

Hope all are enjoying their Sunday whatever you're up to

Essie

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies.....be careful up on your garage roof Snicks.....you sure are one ambitious lady!

Susan we are having the same type of weather as you today....we have warnings out for later,hail,strong winds ,lots of rain...as long as we keep our power on it's ok.  We also had a crummy day Friday and I did inside stuff..don't mind one day a week or so to be stuck inside so I will do something.   Have fun at your hot dog roast ..hope the weather cooperates.

Not much doing here..I'll do some laundry and see what else I can bag up for donations....I think I am just about done as far as donated clothes goes.  I liked Pinky comment the other day when she wrote she has some favorites that she always wears and wishes she could just donate the rest.....that has stuck in the back of my mind as I went thru my things...even though I liked a lot I never wear so I parted with them.

How's Grayson's foot Bernie.......any sighting of Rocky.?

That's about it.....have a nice Sunday everybody.

Trusted Contributor

Looks like you are having a crummy day too Essie and have the same idea as some of us as to doing something constructive in the house.   Marijane

Honored Contributor

Good Morning - my birds were singing at 5:30.  Getting up at 6:30 on a Sunday is one thing, 5:30 - uh uh.  I put a pillow over my head and went back to sleep for an hour.

Did some laundry and puttered around on the internet, just reading, not shopping.  

I cleaned out the first level gutters around the family room and attached garage last week.  Of course I have a maple tree shedding pods and my black walnut tree shedding blooms, so checking my gutters is a weekly thing at this time of year.

We just had a short hard rain blow through.  I heard thunder, skies got dark, wind picked up, there was rain and poof it's over.   I suspect there will be more bursts like this through the day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, snicks.  Do be careful -- falls are not fun to say the least.  We are expecting even hotter temperatures here than yesterday when I phone said it reached 108 degrees.  Just too hot to do much of anything outside.  Thank goodness our AC and fans are working.

Sorry about your weather, Susan.  Hope the birthday celebration is fun despite the weather.  I don't eat hot dogs often, but I really like them.  They have ones here called "Sonoran hot dogs" which are especially wonderful.

Good luck with your bedroom cleaning and organizing, Essie.  I may try to tackle a major project in the "office" -- a large cabinet full of DH's stuff.  A lot will probably go in the trash or be donated, but decision-making will not be that easy since there are papers and pictures involved as well.  I would hate to throw out something important.

I am at the same place as you are with the clothing donations, Marijane.  I know there are more that I could donate/trash, but it is getting more and more difficult to decide to part with things.  It is smart to give away things you don't wear any longer, even if they are nice.  But, it is not easy for me.

Glad you were able to get back to sleep this morning, Bernie.  Sounds like you have lots of outdoor projects at your house.  Glad you are so handy and ambitious.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Karen, Charlene (glad your DD got the flowers despite being late), Rosa, pinky ann, Gayle, Barabara, LindaR, butterfly, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

@Genny1, Marijane,I was much closer than I even realized the other day to paring down to my favorites. I checked hanger by hanger yesterday, and found 4 pieces that I was not wearing, and 3 of them are now out. Just one button down shirt has escaped my wrath for now, as it's just that I don't like having to iron it. ;v) It's fine otherwise. Having this job completed is a huge victory for me. I have NEVER before just had a wardrobe of things of which I love and wear every single item!!! WowWeeeeee! lol

Happy Sunday to everyone! It's been raining, pouring at times, all morning, and believe it or not, the house is being powerwashed today... They said they'd be getting soaked anyway, so the rain was a non issue. Ok by me... I went to mass lastr night, so I didn't have to go anywhere this morning. DS will be over for supper later, and I have everything ready. I made Italian tonight, and looking forward to it.

I hope snicks is extra careful cleaning those gutters... I'm not allowed to do that kind of stuff. DH and DS are reaaalllyy overprotective since I have so much to do for DH, so I'd never get to do a job like that. No problemo, I have plenty to keep me busy indoors. 

Hello to everyone who hasn't posted! Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend. pinky

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Checking in real quick - it's a cloudy, overcast day - the forecast storms have been pushed back to this evening. Seems the more sophisticated the equipment gets, the more inaccurate the forecasts become, doesn't it?  Anyway, I have a ton of homework to catch up on; I was up until 5:30a.m. - I went to bed as Bird was getting up - these classes are NOT fun. Cat Frustrated

Yes, do be careful, snicks - I don't like getting up on ladders, and you hear of so many accidents. In fact, last time Mark was here (and I'm gearing myself up to have to endure him again - a necessary evil) I asked him to replace a spotlight in a fixture that's attached to the back porch, just above the fish pond - the base of the bulb had broken off and I didn't know  how to get it out. So, he got a metal ladder, put the base of it in the pond, and climbed up to the (live) light fixture and removed the broken base with a metal tool....SMH....   Cat Surprised He may not have to worry about dying from lung cancer because of his smoking! 

Yesterday I took the dogs for a ride; went to the BK drive-thru for chicken nuggets from them, then went to Petsmart for goldfish...and they were all out. I went to Petco, just down the road, and the clerk had a hard time catching them with a net...but finally got two dozen. I saw they had the Seresto flea collars - for $80!  Cat Surprised  They're $42 on Amazon; I don't know why people don't shop around; stores take advantage of them because people let them.  I wanted to get a chicken parm sub from Jersey Mike's, which I have never tried, but the store wasn't at the address given on-line so I ended up picking up one from my favorite Italian restaurant, and it was very good.

I'm also trying to go through clothing that I won't use and either sell it online or donate it, but I have to get through these classes first.

I guess I've procrastinated long enough. Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@PAlady, hope your weather has improved so you can have that hotdog roast, that's always fun.

@spix, good luck to you on getting the bedroom cleaned and organized, I don't seem to have the ambition to do much to the house lately, just the basics, and it shows. I have to make more of an effort.

@Genny1, I do hope you do not get the strong wind and hail today. All you ladies are doing so well with your donations, another thing I need to get back to.

@Bird mama, the feathered friends wanted you up at 5:30, haha. Good for you for not complying. You, as usual, are way ahead of me with your outside work. I only will do the gutters when hubby is here to hold the ladder for me, not so much on the way up, as coming off the roof back onto the ladder, for some reason I always think I might fall doing that, never have, but it's a fear I have. Since he fell and broke his back, he is not allowed on ladders, lol.

@LindaLatte, hope you and DH are having a good day. I have a hard time with clothing donations at this point also. I have donated all that was an easy decision. Still have a closet full of things that rarely, if ever, get worn, as I am not in the work force any longer and seldom have a need to dress up, but if I donate, I know the occassion will arise, lol.

@pinky ann, wow, girl, you are my hero. I should have you come and empty my closet for me. I am so impressed and envious. Enjoy your dinner with family tonight. Seems so odd that they powerwashed your house while it was pouring rain, lol.

@FunkyHulaGirl, yes the weather forecasters do seem to have the equipment to really zone in on storms these days, I'm sure it will get better still as time and technology goes on.

I did get the gutters cleaned, also a flower bed weeded (those pesky weeds keep coming back, lol) and messed around with the pool a bit. Must be the day for hotdogs, that is what we had for lunch. Just relaxing now. Have a great evening. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".