Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 2/7/2016

Good morning shoppers, lol. Didn't see a thread started yet, so....

Having a quiet morning so far, but have to get moving here shortly. Must make a grocery store run, along with the mart store for a few items there.

Modem for out internet server went out last night, talked to the CS people, they are sending a new one that won't be here till some time this coming week. But surprisingly this morning internet was back on. Don't know for how long, so I may disappear at any time, lol.

I tried on the dress I ordered for my granddaughters wedding, in May, yesterday. I really like it. It fits well, will be appropriate for the wedding and other things that might come along as well. It has long sleeves and I am thinking I may have the sleeve length altered to elbow length however. Long sleeves may be too hot for May and it would not change the suitability of the dress for any ocassion.

Chilly here this morning but I believe it will warm up just a little bit later today.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Waves to all.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 2/7/2016

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. When I have a modem issue, I unplug it and wait about a minute and then plug it back in. For some reason, that usually cures the problem. Mine is about six years old.  I'm glad the dress works out well for you.

I'm feeling a little better. I can't believe how much I slept yesterday and was still able to sleep last night. I've showered and WEN'd my hair and am now letting it air dry while watchng the Q. I may switch to something else, however, as jewelry is a weakness. I have enough that I can successfully shop what I have. I'm on a mission to watch what I buy after my car, which I don't regret as I love it and is likely my last car.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all and thanks for starting the thread Snicks.

I didn't set an alarm and still woke up around 6:30 am.  I was tempted by a few jewelry pieces today and have managed to fight the urge to buy.  I did my grocery shopping, swept up the patio and am not sure what I will do for the rest of the day :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Hey Twinny, did your clay cleaner TSV ship yet.  Mine is still in process. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started snicks.  Glad you liked the dress you ordered.  That is pretty weird about your server, but I'm glad it is working for the time being. We had two modems -- one for the phone and the other for the internet (not sure if modem is the correct word, but....)  Anyway, the computer one went bad, and I found that we were responsible for replacing it.  Then, the phone one went bad, and they were responsible for replacing it.   The new one does both things.  As long as it works, I'm okay.

Hi Jean -- glad you are feeling a little better and were able to sleep last night.  Jewelry isn't my weakness, thank goodness.  But, I am a little afraid to look just in case I find something I really "want".  I remember when my Dad said that about it being his last car purchase.  It turned out to be true for him, but I know some people end up buying new cars much later in life.  

I got up at 6:30 as well, Bernie, but that is my regular time this time of the year.  I do get up much earlier in the summer since it gets light and hot very early in the day.  Glad you got some things done, and I'm sure you will come up with other things to do today.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, spix, Charlene, Barbara, Rosa, Gayle, Karen, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I am back from church, and DH and I will leave for the gym soon.  I may stop by the grocery store later, but I'm a bit nervous that it will be mobbed with people buying special Superbowl foods and beverages.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Snicks....hope you  modem  stays working till you get your new one.  Usually we do as Jean does....unplug the computer and wait a few minutes....so far that has works for us in most problems we have had.   What color is your dress for your GD wedding...it is nice that you will be able to wear it again for anything  that comes up down the road.

I have been out to the store too Bernie...it was mobbed though as the 4 letter word has appeared for our weather in the next few days.  Funny up here  2 weeks or so ago it was.....spring is just around the corner....to....the past week and half we have gotten 23 inches of snow and the next 3-4 days look to having more.   We have had a mild winter though so I guess can't complain(but I will LOl). iT's sunny out now and in low 40,' so snow is melting to make room for more.

Not much doing today....I'm not interested in the super bowl just  the commercials ,not even sure what time it's on...but I do know at 9pm my Downton comes on and that's something I never miss.....even though I get it on again on  3 different PBS channels during the week. I will be sorry when it's over.       Have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

I spent the afternoon reading a good novel I downloaded from the Kindle Unlimited seletion when I saw wthe book promoted on Facebook for sale. I had read several others by this author and enjoy his criminal law books.

My thinking on the car is that I had the last one for ten years. If this one lasts at least ten years, I will be 83 years old.  If I'm still kicking at that time, I don't see myself driving much.

I'm definitely not into the Super Bowl. The only good thing from my view pont are the commercials but I don't want to endure the other stuff just to see the commercials. There is always other channels or Netflix.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon, I can tell I am not surrounded by football fans.  I am a huge fan,  my Dh and Ds both played small college football.  My team, Steelers are not playing but I still love to watch a good game. I have been to more football games,  than I thought humanly possible.  But I also look forward to the commercials. 

Just got home from a baby shower, it was about an hour away,  it was at a small country church that my dil was raised in. The food was delicious.  The ladies had the fellowship hall decorated so nice,  all in pink.   They got so many nice things.  This was the first time I went out since Friday morning after I went to the Dr.  I am exhausted, but I do feel much better. 

I plan on an early night.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--I am glad that you feel better and that you enjoyed the outing today. You are experiencing a good type of tiredness. I am sure that the baby shower was enjoyable and a lift to the spirits!

Respected Contributor

Rosa: if you told us a girl I missed it. I know of two others due in April. Both boys!! Congratulations

After church today we had a birthday lunch. One of my pee sisters turns 88 tomorrow. Three of her daughters hosted. Two are members. She is quite a character. Married at 15. Husband was a "drunk". Seven children she had the courage to move to town. Found a job. One daughter deceased but many family members in attendance. I was invited to join other pre sisters at her table. Some Sunday's we will meet at DQ. She gets confused on some facts but she is very sharp still.