Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 2/14/2016

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day to all. Hope your day so far has been a good one. I am being a slug, apparently, lol. It's snowing, blowing and cold here, again.

Yesterday I did get some errands run, 3 laundry loads done and went through hubby's closet and dresser drawers. Donated/tossed a bunch of stuff. Told him that I hoped it would give me incentive to do my own now, lol.

Have leftover homemade potato soup that will be dinner later on. Hope everyone has a great day. Waves......

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 2/14/2016

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. The leftover potato soup sounds so good; it is one of my favorite soups.  We endured a real temp of five below last night but now it is sunny  and a little warmer with snow e3xpected to arrive around 5pm. I wish I had your energy. All I want to do is sleep, a result of the combo of meds. I'm trying to stay up but it may be a losing battle. The positive is that I lost four pounds last week.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Snicks....you certainly did a lot yesterday so I think you are entitled to be a slug today,  tHe sun is out but only 6 degrees.....when I got up this morning it was -7 with  windchill  of 19below    I think we will be getting your snow and ice tomorrow Jean and then on Tuesday they say 2imches of rain and the temp,will be 50!!!  Crazy .   I have on a pair of those Cuddl duds leggings I bought on sale from Macy's,much cheaper than the q's, and they are so warm....wish I had bought another pair..but now they only have them in white.    Hope you are feeling better soon.

Not much going on here plan to make stir fried beef with veggies and Chinese noodles...and that's about my plan for the day!

Stay warm everybody.......have a nice day...Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it's warmed up a little here and of course that makes me feel colder, lol.  It feels more damp outside.  I went grocery shopping, that's about it for today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

SNICK'S, It is snowing, blowing & cold & I am enjoying watching it from inside the house.  It is a blessing as we need snow badly.  You have been a busy beaver with the decluttering.  Potato soup is our favorite too.

Jean. I am sorry to hear that the meds are making you so sleepy.  The 4# loss is good though.  It was hard for me to lose my 5#.  

Marijane, I love my cuddl duds.  Stir fry, yum yum.  I don't mind getting snow.  I would much rather get snow than rain.

Bird Mama, thanks for the birdie Valentine's message.  I also notice that it feels colder when it is warmer, but damp outside.

We are getting a nice snow right now.  Probably 3-4" so very manageable.  It will be in the 40' s in a few days so it won't last.

DH & I went to church & then had a a nice lunch at our nice Italan restaurant.  I am just going to be lazy for the rest of the day.  Not seeing mom today, but she had a good day yesterday.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's COLD out there - only 32° - but I have no plans to go anywhere apart from dropping off some goodies with my housebound neighbor - but that's just across the street.

Yesterday I ended up going to Ollie's as I had a 15% off a total purchase coupon; nothing really tempted me, and I actually did NOT buy any cookbooks (first time ever in all my trips there, I think) - I just got a couple of Bible story books for children with a fuzzy animal on the front of each; they're for the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. I get a few things here and there so I'm not hit all at once; also, you can't find really nice stuff when you're looking for it. They had a lot of coloring books, but I didn't care for any of them.  I didn't feel like coming right home so I went to Walmart in Fort O to see if they had the hot pepper suet  (No, but I found peppermint body wash, which is nice for summer), to Ross where nothing even remotely tempted me, and Marshall's, where I just got some candy that was on clearance for a friend's Easter package.

Congrats on the weight loss, Jean.  I think I've been losing weight since I developed GERD; sometimes I just can't eat.  I don't weigh myself, but a lot of PJ bottoms and regular pants are too loose and slide down.

Italian food sounds good, Twinny - now you're making me want to go to my favorite Italian restaurant! 

Well, I'm waiting for my neighbor to call me back; until then I'm going to hole up in my bedroom with my Kindle to listen to prophecy updates on my Kindle and play with my coloring books. 

Have a blessed day, everyone! 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started snicks.  I think you need a day off from all that activity.  Enjoy the potato soup.  I have not eaten it often, but I really enjoy it when I do.  

Sorry you are so tired, Jean.  Good that you have lost some weight, but not good that your weather is so nasty cold.

Another nice dinner plan, Marijane.  That is really, really cold weather.  This is an excellent time for me to be in Arizona.  It is in the low 80's now, and the heat didn't even come on last night.  To think that last week was so cold here.

Glad you got your grocery shopping done, Bernie.  Cute picture.

Nice that you had a meal at an Italian restaurant you like, twinny.  I am an Italian food lover for sure.  So far, no other cuisine has changed my mind on that.  Of course, around here Mexican and Anglo-Mexican foods are plentiful.  I like that type of food, just not as much as Italian.  Happy you had a good day with your Mom yesterday, and the snow is welcome there.

It must feel so cold there, Arlene.  I really wish you had your HVAC repairs done, but.... Sounds like you got some good deals yesterday.

Waves to Kathleen, Susan, Charlene, Rosa, spix, LindaR, Barbara, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I bought a SG sweater this morning.  It has been on my wish list for ages, and I already have it it blue and black.  The red was available at a reduced price (finally).  I still paid more than I wanted to, but I was afraid to wait until they no longer had the red in my size.  I was wearing the black one yesterday evening and this morning -- just perfect for some times.

DH's DD and DGD left this morning, and I gave them some small Valentine's candy that I had purchased for them (checked with his DD before doing so.)  It was nice for them to come, but I am so far behind my regular weekend duties like laundry and financial review.  I know that I should not sweat it, but that is just my way.

DH and I went to the gym after I dropped them off at the airport, and we did pretty well.  I used my new handicapped hang tag to park in a closer space, and I was pretty happy with it.  There was plenty of room for DH to get into the car.  Getting in and out of the car is not easy for him.  His daughter was trying to help, and said she wondered if it would help if I had a larger car.  I don't know, but I really don't want a larger car or car payments for that matter.  

She had sort of offered to come and stay with DH while I visited DD and family, but we decided that probably won't work.  She needs to give four months notice, and even then would have trouble staying more than five days.  It takes me two days to get back and forth, so my time there would be very limited.  Also, I think it would be difficult for her to deal with all of DH's needs in a strange house, etc.   Now I'm working on Plan B.  DH and some of the others may be coming here for a visit instead.

Need to get to work now.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

FHG,  It sounds like you had a good shopping day yesterday.  I have never been to an Ollie's.  I hope that your area warms up real soon.

LINDA L, It is nice that your DH's DD & DGD could come for a bit.  Hopefully you will find a suitable solution so you can travel back to MD or your family can visit your place.  Prayers for all of you.

We both just got up from a 3 hour nap.  We may be able to stay up late tonight.

I just got a Happy Valentine's Day message from my DD saying that it had been a hectic week.  Her DH left last Thursday for a business trip to Boston.  He was able to spend Sunday at our DS & DDIL where our DS prepared a huge SB spread for him.  Our DSIL got back home on Thursday only to hear that his stepfather is in critical condition at UW-Madison with heart problems.  It doesn't look good as his heart has been defibrilized (sp)?3 times today.  They would much appreciate prayers for Jim.