Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 11/20/16

Good morning all, didn't see a thread started yet. Hope everyone is doing well.

I enjoyed my afternoon out with granddaughter & great granddaughter. Lunch with them was fun, we spent about 2 hours together. That precious baby is just gorgeous and looks like her mom did at that age. After that I stopped in where another granddaughter works, part time, and surprised her. It's a western wear type store that she has worked at for a few years during high school and now into college. The owner (an older man and his family) really like her. Since I was not buying anything I went over to where he sits in a chair and oversees the store, and introduced myself as her grandmother. We chatted for a few minutes while she finished with a customer, then she showed me around the store and made plans for her to come over today after she gets off work at another part time job, and decorate my tree. It will be fun. She is the one I gave a lot of Christmas and Fall decor to a couple years ago, she loves this stuff like I do.

Other than that, things are the same with me.

Hope you are all having a nice Sunday. It is cold here, only in the low 30's, brrrr.

Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 11/20/16

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, snicks.  Time with your grands sounds like so much fun.  Really wish mine lived closer, but....Have fun decorating your tree.

I have been invited to brunch today, and I decided to try the early church service (8:00) rather than my usual 9:30.  I really felt rushed, but I made it in plenty of time.  Next, i'll go to the gym.  Hope it isn't too crowded.  If there is time, i'll do a little walking after the gym before the brunch.  I'll visit DH later in the day and feed him dinner.

It is cloudy here and we are expecting rain late in the day and tomorrow.  It is also expected to be considerably cooler tomorrow -- high in the 60's.  I'm sure that sounds very warm to some of you, but not here.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Susan, Essie, Charlene (glad the second day of the yard sale went well), Marijane, meallen, 3suwm5, Barbara, Rosa, Gayle, butterfly, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread. Tree decorating can be fun! Enjoy the time with the grandchildren.

Linda--Enjoy your time at the brunch as well as the time with DH later this day. Yes, the 60s sound warm righ now.

I've been lazy this weekend but have done some things around the house. I have a selection of boxes ready for the trash. Midnight never acquired the box-loving  trait that cats seem to have. I also unboxed my balance board I ordered from Amazon and started doing some of the exercises I do at PT on the balance board. Those boards look deceptively easy but a variety of exercises can be done on them.

I started watching the Q until they started demonstating the TSV Echo and mine turned on when the vendor said, "Alexa." I quickly turned channels.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Snicks, thank you for starting us today.  Glad you had such a good time with the grands yesterday.  It is nice that your other grand daughter is coming to decorate your tree.  Have a good time.

Linda , you have quite a busy day ahead of you, enjoy.  Sixty degrees sounds lovely to me.  Right now we are at 32 degrees and have a layer of snow on the ground.  I am not ready for this.

Not much going on here today, just some cleaning and decluttering.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.  

Honored Contributor

HI everybody,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462604192947842661/

Honored Contributor

Ladies,

Image result for thanksgiving week quotes

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Decluttering is a great way to pass the day if it is a slow day.

meallen--Love the pics, especially the 10lb one!

I have no desire to invade the stores on Black Friday. I did that once and once was enough. Online is my favorite way to shop, especially when you have to spend over two hours round trip on the crooked roads in questionnable weather.

I do have to go to the city tomorrow for a PT appointment as well as a podiatrist appointment.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Meallen -  Cute graphcs, love the puppy.

Jean -  I go out around 2:00 here, by then the crowds are gone.  Funny though, I think the prices are the same at 2:00 in the afternoon as it was at 6:00 in the morning.  

Right now watching David In The Kitchen, they are making me hungry.  Wish I had a need and the room for all the cool stuff they are showing.  I don't think they showed one item I really need. 

Well, need to get moving.  Have a good afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it remains cold and blustry here but at least the sun is shining :-)

I went to see Arrival this morning.  Good movie - no nudity or profanity. Only thing required is an open mind (it's an alien movie, he he).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hello Friends! 

It's been a quiet day here. I washed the car and it rained a bit.  Smiley Happy  Took the dog to the dog beach - that was interesting.  She was not a fan of the loud water rushing at her but I got wet.  Let her off leash a bit and she did ok, but started growling at the dogs that were frolicking around her.  I just re-packed my car (had left many things here for DD and want the dog to have her regular space in the BACK for the next leg) and am cleaning the apartment a little while the girls are gone.