Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Monday 2/15/2016

[ Edited ]

Bernie--You certainly benefitting from living a clean life! Great find on the earrings.

Why are some of us being asked to provide new nicknames  in order to sign in?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

I have no idea.  Every once in a while, this system acts like it doesn't know me.  When it does that, I walk away for a couple of hours and let it cool off. 

I have adapted to the new format since June 2015 but have not adapted to the instability of this system.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Sometimes I will do a search and it will turn up all kinds of items that has nothing to do with the search terms. At other times, I have done a search and found the item that others said they were unable to find.  It makes no sense.

The other evening when I was feeling so miserable, I ordered the Denim & Co. 3/4 sleeve jacket.  I have it in pink and in white which I have had for a couple of years. I added royal blue to the line up. A223022.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

That's a beautiful color Jean.  I am having fits trying to copy a picture of it in that color in this thread. 

Esteemed Contributor

bluejacket.JPG

Bernie--Does this work? I'm the lazy type that would just have entered the item number in the search box and look it up.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Yep, I don't know how you did it, but that's what I was trying to get on the thread.

Nice shade of blue :-)

Respected Contributor

Test to see if I can post.
Respected Contributor

OK, that works... I got the same "enter nickname" message and just put the same name in, which signed me in, but when I went to "heart" a post it told me I didn't have Javascript - never saw that message before.  I agree, Bird - this new system stinks; they must have bought the cheapest message board software available.

It's a cold, nasty, rainy day - I'm hibernating in the house, no plans to go anywhere. I'm waiting for Victor to come by for his Red Velvet Oreo cupcakes and Banana Bars, and already signed in for classes which start today - this is an MBA in Human Resources program, as I'm toying with the idea of starting my own headhunting firm.  (I was a Wall St. headhunter - an extremely successful one - years ago.)  The income potental is tremendous, and I talked to my former agency owner a few months ago; maybe he needs a partner, as he's in his 80s, but his agency is still going strong. 

Gosh, LindaL, your caretaker sure seems to have a lot of problems.  It's a shame about that young man dying unexpectedly like that.  It's hard enough when someone so young dies, but for his poor wife to have no warning...  I'll pray for her.

How are you feeling, Jean?  Nice jacket.  I've stopped buying lightweight jackets, since we seem to have about three days of spring between winter and summer, so they don't get worn.

I'm thinking it's a good day for grilled cheese and soup; I think I'll make some as soon as Victor comes and goes.

Have a blessed day, everyone - stay warm and dry.  (And hi to everyone who hasn't posted yet.)

Esteemed Contributor

Nice earrings, Bernie, and jacket, Jean.

I had the same issue with creating a nickname.  I just used my current nickname, and it worked.  Go figure.

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I have been in kind of restless lately.  We have several plates in the air and things will not settle out for awhile.  My philosophy is to stay the course and life life as normally as possible unless given a reason not to.  My spouse views things more from a glass is half full mentality so home life has been interesting.  I am so thankful for my girlfriends and telephone calls...

Anyway, enough of that.  I hope everyone is doing o.k.  I can't believe it is the middle of Febrary and I am wearing shorts.  We are not getting the cold that many of you are.  We had a nice relaxing Valentine's Day.  Actually, we celebrate it on the 13th to avoid crowds etc.   

I found a cute lightweight sweater today in town that I really wanted.  I was in this store last week and saw a young woman try it on and it looked good on her.  One of those items that looks better on a person vs. the hanger.  Well, I went back today, ready to buy.  The last one in my size was on a display which took about 5 minutes to take down etc.  Long story short, I forgot my coupon and the cashier didn't have any extra so I put she put it on a hold for me.  I hope to go back in a day or two to purchase.  This is not the most organized store so I fear it may be restocked.  If so, it probably wasn't meant to be. 

Sorry to hear about the young mans death....when you hear stories like that it helps you to focus on the now and know how life is so fragile. 

Gayle