Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Monday 11/7/16

@spix, I am looking forward to more time spent with her. She is such a sweet girl, but then maybe I am biased, lol.

I too hate to see summer/fall end, but it always does, darn it. For right now, the leaves keep me busy, that's for sure.

I decided on hamburgers for dinner tonight since we had steaks last night.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I Just read all of your posts  & you are all energetic.

I did meet my friend this morning & we did  our walk downtown.  The stores are putting up Christmas things.

Fixed lunch & just took a 2 hour nap.  I have a butternut squash in the oven & DH is grilling pork chops.

It is beautiful again today, but rain tomorrow so no walking.  We will vote though.  We have 2 schools referendums on the ballot that are important.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, I agree about outside light strings being more difficult to work with when it is cold, good job getting ahead of that. Self performance reviews....an absolute PITA. Good luck getting it finished.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70, good for you for getting your walks in every/nearly every day. I so wish sometimes that I could nap in the daytime. But I would not be able to sleep at night if I did. It does sound so nice. I'm glad you can.

Supposed to rain here tomorrow also.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat, I hope your PT wasn't too tiring for you today, and that you are by now in your hotel room getting some rest. Please do enjoy your trip.

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies -- having a wild day.  Many things going, been checking them off the list one by one.

I will indeed be happy when this election mess is over.  Good thing is, I've had a good chance to watch cooking shows, decorating shows, work on my solitaire skills; you know, the important things.

Our weather has been so beautiful and will remain pleasant this week too.  Gives me a chance to run out and get my errands done without freezing.  Still planning my menu for guests this weekend  Have a few last minute things to get done around the house for the visit as well.

@Snicks1  do laundry and yard work ever end?  So happy you and your granddaughter had so much fun.  Sounds like a wonderful menu for the celebration.  You will both be anxiously waiting for the next visit, wonderful.

@Genny1  I know what you mean about phones.  I can use mine as a phone and also do a few texts, email and as a camera.  The rest of it - no so much.  I feel I could make an emergency connection, if I needed to do so.   I also like the idea of having a way to take pictures.  Those are the real reason I have it.  I don't use the other bells and whistles.  It's like the new car we bought, it seems to me that it's similar to a spaceship.  Pretty sure, it doesn't need all the gadgets; but that's how they're made these days.  You need to study a book before you can operate the darn thing.

@meallen616 - how cute is that pup??  Thanks.

@LindaLatte  I hope the caregivers watch your DH, it would be horrible if he fell.  Hope you get good information at your energy meeting today.

@spix  Steaks and squash sure sound good.  These beautiful days are good for grilling.

@Bird mama  The lights do need to go up when the weather is nice.  That makes the job much more fun.

Have a nice evening ladies.  Get some rest, tomorrow will be stressful.  Keep those CCs strapped down tight.  @KonaKat  Taking a trip won't allow you to strap that CC down; so what, have a great time.Smiley Happy