Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Monday 11/7/16

Good afternoon all, didn't see a thread going.

Hope all are well.

Not a lot going on here, blew together another big pile of leaves for burning this morning with my handy dandy leaf blower. Got them burned.

Did some laundry, sheets and comforter, all back on the bed now. Another load going.

Trying to decide what's for dinner, lol.

Can't wait for tomorrow to be over, lol, the constant ads are making me crazy. I have done my research on all who are running and have made my personal decisions.

It's mid 60's, was sunny but has now turned cloudy.

Had so much fun with my granddaughter yesterday making dinner. We plan to do it again in 2 weeks.

So, what's going on in your world? Post if you have time.

Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Monday 11/7/16

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Snicks...glad you dinner went well last night with your GD..what did you make?   It's a sunny but cool day today..think that will be for the rest of the week too.

Thanks for the info on your bags Bernie.   I had liked both of them ..well to be honest I all I saw!  HAve you ever bought shoes from them?

Not much else...this morning I was out getting a new phone....just a plain no bells whistles fancy one...just a flip one that does nothing but make,receives call. Maybe some day I will get an fancy one but Inhardly need one as I use it very little...sits on the bottom of my purse..but when not with me I did have car trouble and no phone.....I have enough trouble figuring out my iPad and desk computer so a fancy phone is too much for my brain!! LOL?   

HAve a nice day everyone.      KAthleen good luck getting your house up for sale and I loved looking at the pic's of Kayanne's. Reunion with you.          Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for monday funny memes

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

THanks for the graphic Meallen hope you are having a nice day too.  I did take your graphic advice the other day about retail shopping.....I bought a pair of leggings...black...I have a few tunic tops from Linea and JJill that are long and they look good with them.

Have a great trip to PR Jean, I hope you have great weather and your PT today went well.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, snicks.  Glad you had such fun with your DGD, and I'm happy you will be cooking with her again soon.  Good work on the leaves.  I feel the same way about tomorrow..  

Hi Marijane -- although I have had a "smart phone" for more than two and a half years, I'm still not very smart about it. So, I can certainly relate to wanting an "old fashioned" flip phone.  That took me years to get used to the flip phone as well -- sometimes I'm a slow learner.  But, I think you really need a cell phone of some sort these days -- finding a pay phone is pretty much impossible.

Thanks for the cute graphic meallen.

Hope your PT went well and you will be settled into the hotel soon, Jean.  Have a great trip.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny Susan, Essie, Bernie, Charlene, 3suwm5, Barbara, butterfly, Karen, Rosa, LindaR, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I took my "longer walk" this morning (90 minutes), and spent some time on the phone before visiting with DH.  He was okay, but seemed a little unstable on his feet.  I mentioned that to the caregiver.  Hope he does not fall.  I have my energy saving "class" this afternoon.  The local electric company will provide some tips and some freebies.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, Thanx @Snicks1 for the start, I think maybe you have started a great tradition with your granddaughter, lucky you & lucky her, that you have each other to make memories.  As usual you were quite busy today

@meallen616, Happy Monday to you my dear

@Genny1, I'm at the point where if I forget my phone, I go back to get it, am so afraid of something happening that I really need it.

Quiet day today, did get a few things put away from the yard, but I just hate to do it all with the weather so wonderful, I so enjoy having them in the yard, not tons but enough to be interesting.

Tonite will be steaks on the  grill, also have an acorn squash, seem to remember they take forever to cook.

Have a great evening

Essie

Honored Contributor

Hello, I slept really well last night :-)  I was a putz most of the morning and spent time in front of the computer.  I did go outside and put up the Christmas lights.  The weather was too good to miss the opportunity.  I can decorate the yard light pole with the faux evergreen in the cold - the lights are harder to work with when it's cold.  I have 1/2 of my performance review done.  That's an annual PITA.

Wishing @KonaKat a safe and enjoyable trip.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Genny1, we grilled rib eye steaks, made a big salad and baked potatoes. Her b-day was on Sat., so I have gotten a DQ ice cream cake. Yes, lots of fun. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616, such a cute graphic, thank you. I love puppies.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte, I do hope DH is ok today. Enjoy your energy saving class. I should take one. I do everything I can think to save on energy but I'm sure there is more I could do, like in everything.